Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Crosley wood console is Polished --- AFTER Pics

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Crosley wood console is Polished --- AFTER Pics

Post by PT7 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:30 pm

Last week I posted some pics and the story of the +70-year-old wood console radio my Grandmother had.

I've now cleaned it and polished it with Renaissance Wax. I chose to keep all the history of scratches. Not really that many considering how long it's been around, and how many rough moves it has made with us all around the country.

~~~Crosley Wood Console: Before the Renaissance
Crosley before RenWax_3039.JPG
Crosley before RenWax_3039.JPG (158.08 KiB) Viewed 3957 times
~~~Crosley Wood Console: After the Renaissance
Crosley after RenWax_3049.JPG
Crosley after RenWax_3049.JPG (182.37 KiB) Viewed 3957 times
~~~Crosley Wood Console: Home At Last.
The corner in my bedroom is snug; but it's the perfect place for this beautiful piece of wood furniture!
Crosley after RenWax_3052.JPG
Crosley after RenWax_3052.JPG (166.73 KiB) Viewed 3957 times
My daughter just moved this into our new house last weekend. It is the last piece of furniture she had stored. It is a 5'10" tall X 4' wide wood china hutch, which my parents had.
DSCN3054.JPG
DSCN3054.JPG (152.06 KiB) Viewed 3957 times
Like my Crosley console, this hutch was also kept in a non-climate controlled storage unit for the last 7-1/2 years. It survived those days well. I don't know the age of this piece, but it was in my parent's retirement home for 30+ years. My daughter has it now. Quite a memory piece of her grandparents.

Hurrah, this is her cleaning and polishing project. But I will definitely let her use the Renaissance Wax Polish! ;)
Hope you enjoyed these pics of old wood.

:D I love wood. :D
PT7
7 x

~Пока~

Travlin
Cowboy

Re: Crosley wood console is Polished --- AFTER Pics

Post by Travlin » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:14 pm

Powell Crosley whose company made that radio, also made the little Crosley automobile.
1 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:15 pm

Very nice outcome on the Crosley, PT! And that china cabinet is a beauty, too! Is that curved glass on the outboard sides? Hard to find that anymore!
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Lyman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:25 pm

Very Nice! I also like old furniture. We found these 3 years ago at an estate sale. Looks like yours might be the same maker. These are from the late 50s. I forget what the labels say.
Attachments
20151115_152219.jpg
20151115_152219.jpg (85.31 KiB) Viewed 3932 times
3 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:28 pm

Thanks!

Yes, those are curved glass windows on each side panel. They measure 36" X 7" and have no cracks or looseness in the wood panels. Craftsmanship is something else!
ESquared wrote:Very nice outcome on the Crosley, PT! And that china cabinet is a beauty, too! Is that curved glass on the outboard sides? Hard to find that anymore!
1 x

~Пока~

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:43 pm

You also have a couple of really amazing furniture pieces, Lyman. Wow, they are beautiful!

If you ever look at the labels, I'd be interested in what they say. Out of curiosity, I just checked the back panel on the hutch. It has the following stamped on it:

157-430-G MAH
New Hampton Court
10/62

So looks like age is around 57 years now on this hutch.

Sure is interesting to compare the curved glass and doors/drawers design between yours and my daughter's hutch. Sure didn't make them out of a cookie-cutter approach, did they? ;)

Thanks for your photo of that superb-looking wood!
PT7
Lyman wrote:Very Nice! I also like old furniture. We found these 3 years ago at an estate sale. Looks like yours might be the same maker. These are from the late 50s. I forget what the labels say.
1 x

~Пока~

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Lyman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:48 pm

Thanks, They don't make them like this anymore. That is for sure. I will check the labels when I get home tonight. We were very happy when we picked these up. We bought these two peices a round dining room table and chairs and an octagon side table all from the same period for $375. I couldn't get my money out fast enough.
2 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:12 pm

Yes, hard to find wood products built this way nowadays. I place quality products like these in a category I call "disappearing old-world craftsmanship." Very hard to believe you got all those pieces for only $375!! Super terrific find. Easy to understand why you "couldn't get your money out fast enough." :D
Lyman wrote:Thanks, They don't make them like this anymore. That is for sure. I will check the labels when I get home tonight. We were very happy when we picked these up. We bought these two peices a round dining room table and chairs and an octagon side table all from the same period for $375. I couldn't get my money out fast enough.
1 x

~Пока~

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Lyman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:13 pm

Well, I just rolled in and gave them a look. No luck. The label on the buffet is missing and the hutch is now full and I can't see the label without unloading the china and moving it. Sorry. I was amazed when I saw your Daughter's Hutch. They have to be right around the same time period. And I remember it being something Hampton. CRS has kicked in full force. :(
1 x