Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

rifle stock

mlrifleNY
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: rifle stock

Post by mlrifleNY » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:17 pm

Thank you. That's exactly the kind of effect I'm looking to achieve. :D

I just did some quick looking on the Aqua Fortis. That's what I'm going to do to this. Thanks again you got me looking in the right direction.[/quote]

If you need any info on using it just let me know. I may be able to help you with it.

Jim
1 x
Henry BBB 44mag
Henry 1860
Henry 45/70 Brass

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:25 pm

This project is going to take a while to finish. I'm in no rush. I'll do some practice stuff before I even touch the stock. You may hear from me before it's over.

The original stocks are on the gun. It will be shootable when I get it back. The blueing and new stock are a long term project.

I went down and looked at the new stocks again yesterday. They have beautiful figuring and both butt and fore grip grain are well matched. Now that I have an idea how to create the look I want I'm getting excited. The figuring in these stocks should give me a nice dark vertical strip about every 1/2" from front to back!
2 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56 pm

For those that would like to see how the rifle itself is progressing here is a link. The thread was put up by the fellow who is doing the smithy work on it. I'm getting real excited to shoot it!

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... ?t=1060074
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:31 am

That is quite a project, looking forward to seeing the finished rifle. And of course a range report.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:37 am

Hopefully the range report is coming soon. I picked up the rifle today. All I can say is that man does nice work. I actually test fired it a couple of times. Between his test fires and mine it's been shot over a dozen times now. Probably the 1st in many decades! :shock: :lol:

I have someone bringing me some scrap curly maple soon. i'll use it to test my finishes on before I touch the stock.

I think I might buy another shot out barrel and have him reline that to .17HMR and fit it to the rifle. The gun is a take down. So I could change calibers by just swapping barrels.

I'll try to get some pics and a range report up soon.
0 x