Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Gear Test and Review

Post about your hobbies that aren't elsewhere on the forum. Sub forums will be added as needed.
Greyhawk
Cowhand
United States of America

Gear Test and Review

Post by Greyhawk » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:16 pm

I took my wife and daughters on a kayak trip on the upper Mississippi today and I thought it would be a good opportunity to try and test my new chest rig by Hill People Gear. This is one of their bigger rigs. It has two main compartments and a hidden compartment in the back that will fit a full sized 1911 for quick access. You can set up the access to your firearm easily for either a right or left handed shooter. I like it because everything is very very handy whether you are hiking, biking, running, hunting, horseback riding, or kayaking. They make smaller models too and in colors that aren't as tactical. Here are some pictures of the rig and some of the stuff that I had packed in it today. It was very comfortable and I did not take it off once. The front pouch just opens enough for access and that is where I keep my phone and car keys among other things. The second pouch opens like a desk, (creating a shelf when fully open, instead of flopping completely down) and is very convenient. That is where I keep a majority of stuff including my extra mags. And then of course the back firearm area. (Which fits my Super Redhawk Alaskan nicely).. They have nice stuff, my youngest son turned me on to them because he wants to carry when he jogs and they have a very nice jogger chest rig.
Attachments
Gear Chest Rig.jpg
Gear Chest Rig.jpg (91.54 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
Gear 2.jpg
Gear 2.jpg (147.13 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
Gear 3 Front Pouch.jpg
Gear 3 Front Pouch.jpg (81.51 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
Gear 4 center pouch.jpg
Gear 4 center pouch.jpg (88.19 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
Gear 5 hidden pouch.jpg
Gear 5 hidden pouch.jpg (91.72 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
4 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Gear Test and Review

Post by JEBar » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:09 pm

is this the website for the "Hill People Gear" you are talking about ===> https://hillpeoplegear.com/ .... if so, its an impressive source
0 x

Greyhawk
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Gear Test and Review

Post by Greyhawk » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:36 pm

JEBar wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:09 pm
is this the website for the "Hill People Gear" you are talking about ===> https://hillpeoplegear.com/ .... if so, its an impressive source
Yes it is an interesting place to look around. I bought my son the runners chest rig for his birthday. He runs two miles a day and loves the rig. Can easily carry his keys, cell phone, misc. stuff and his concealed carry pistol comfortably. I got him a grey/blue color so it doesn't look 'tactical'
0 x