Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Model Airplane Engines

Post about your hobbies that aren't elsewhere on the forum. Sub forums will be added as needed.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Model Airplane Engines

Post by PT7 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:28 pm

Very nice airplanes! Excellent photos. :) This thread reminded me of a very enjoyable afternoon I had a few years ago.

There is a model airplane club field located about two miles north of my apartment. It's called "The Sunchasers Model Airplane Club" and is an AMA Chartered Radio Controlled Airplane Club based in the northern part of Kansas City, Missouri. I don't fly these airplanes myself, but I'll bet it's a blast.

Back in September 2014, I visited their Open House. The day was beautiful, and there were a lot of really sharp-looking aircraft there. My very favorite comic strip character is Snoopy, especially in his heroic role whenever flying his WWI Sopwith Camel.
Snoopy flying in WWI.jpg
Snoopy flying in WWI.jpg (17.55 KiB) Viewed 4302 times
Well, at the Open House, there was an aerial dogfight between Snoopy and the Red Baron. Here is a "vimeo" clip of the renowned battle. If you bring the timer button forward to 11 mins 10 seconds or so, the battle begins! https://vimeo.com/110899031 (There are quite a few great pics of other planes and demo flights, too).

Not shown on the video is a second battle they fought later in the afternoon. Sadly, the Red Baron slammed into Snoopy from one side, and Snoopy came crashing down onto the field. His craft didn't make it... :( , although Snoopy walked away. ;) In a way I'm glad they didn't make a video of that. It was an unhappy moment to see my hero spiraling out of the sky.

Great overall model airshow that day. Almost wish I could have flown one of those aircraft...looks to be a lot of fun! :)
0 x

~Пока~

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:24 am

I love models.............. :D
Attachments
484258-webpg2aagunner.jpg
484258-webpg2aagunner.jpg (11.94 KiB) Viewed 4298 times
top550.jpg
top550.jpg (70.62 KiB) Viewed 4298 times
0 x

mlrifleNY
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by mlrifleNY » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:21 am

I have flown RC airplanes for over 30 years off and on. My wife keeps telling me I need to pick just 1 hobby. I only have 3 major hobbies, RC planes, shooting sports. and tropical fish. I just started keeping saltwater fish after 40 years of freshwater fish. I thank you all for your kind words and on another note, I may just get that 1860 out soon to shoot.

Jim
0 x
Henry BBB 44mag
Henry 1860
Henry 45/70 Brass

Firearmfanatic
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Model Airplane Engine

Post by Firearmfanatic » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:55 am

Nice P-51. I love the invasion stripes on it. Once when i was really young I had one of those line control F4U corsair line control planes that Cox made. My wife bought me a P-51 from harbor freight. It's all Styrofoam and battery powered. I haven't flown it yet. But it looks really cool hanging from the ceiling. It a decent size plane.
0 x

mlrifleNY
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Model Airplane Engine

Post by mlrifleNY » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:49 am

Firearmfanatic wrote:Nice P-51. I love the invasion stripes on it. Once when i was really young I had one of those line control F4U corsair line control planes that Cox made. My wife bought me a P-51 from harbor freight. It's all Styrofoam and battery powered. I haven't flown it yet. But it looks really cool hanging from the ceiling. It a decent size plane.
Its amazing these days how many people don.t know what those stripes were for. I don't fly it to much but it is a shoe stopper when I have it out.

Jim
0 x
Henry BBB 44mag
Henry 1860
Henry 45/70 Brass

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:15 am

Airplanes and Fish. I Have done both. Had about 6 tanks of fish 55 gal and bigger in the past. Both salt and fresh. I also did the airplane thing. Just not enough time to do it all to many other things of interest. But none the less I still like the planes and the fish. I had a spitfire with a 120 Saito in it at one time. It was a fun plane to fly. I also had a Big Stix with a 90 OS on it. Those stix are hard to beat for just plain fun.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55