Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My New IWB Holsters

Post about your hobbies that aren't elsewhere on the forum. Sub forums will be added as needed.
Handloader
Cowhand
United States of America

My New IWB Holsters

Post by Handloader » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:33 am

I have been using pocket holsters for a while now. I have tried several IWB holsters of many styles of which I have made myself. None of which were very comfortable. The draw back with a pocket holster it takes up a pocket and takes longer to access. I always had an issue with printing with a IWB holster. For the past year I have been losing weight after retirement I started growing out and an IWB holster became really uncomfortable. So, after losing weight I dropped 30 pounds and at 5'8" it was all gut and spare tire. So, I tried an IWB holster that I made specifically for my carries. Well, not having the tire bulge made a big difference. They both fight tight and are comfortable with no printing even in a semi tight t-shirt. Made one for my Kimber micro black ice and my Khar black SST K40. I wear them at 11 o'clock and within 2 seconds I can draw them for service.
Attachments
noseeum.jpg
noseeum.jpg (758.6 KiB) Viewed 515 times
IWB11oclock.jpg
IWB11oclock.jpg (520.56 KiB) Viewed 515 times
1 x
Semper Paratus (Always Ready) Semper Gumby (Always Flexible)

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: My New IWB Holsters

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:47 am

Very nice and made of leather too!

I too use a pocket holster in the tee shirt season and my biggest gripe is when driving my gun is pretty much inaccessible.
0 x

Handloader
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Handloader » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:43 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:47 am

I too use a pocket holster in the tee shirt season and my biggest gripe is when driving my gun is pretty much inaccessible.
Yup, the same here now I can quickly draw sitting. That was one of the reasons I decided to try an IWB after losing my spare tire.
0 x
Semper Paratus (Always Ready) Semper Gumby (Always Flexible)

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:58 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:47 am

I do this to but soon figured out it gave me an excuse to buy another gun. I have 2 guns near me most of the time.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:34 pm

I have an IWB holster that I really like. Nice click when the pistol slide locks in. Unfortunately I'm too bony in the belt area and no matter how I position the holster some part of it or the gun rubs on bone. I'm currently using a pocket holster that has a paint concealment flap. I figure the most likely place I might be forced to use a gun is in a store parking lot, so pocket is fine with me.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:29 am

Mags wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:34 pm
I have an IWB holster that I really like. Nice click when the pistol slide locks in. Unfortunately I'm too bony in the belt area and no matter how I position the holster some part of it or the gun rubs on bone. I'm currently using a pocket holster that has a paint concealment flap. I figure the most likely place I might be forced to use a gun is in a store parking lot, so pocket is fine with me.
Agreed, pocket holster or otherwise having a gun with you is a must. This time of the year while wearing sweatshirts/coats I carry my LCR in an outside holster that has the paddle to slip in behind my belt. Quick on and off and conceals nicely under my outer garment.
2 x