Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

4-Wheelers

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
Old Syko
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: 4-Wheelers

Post by Old Syko » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:19 am

The combination of too much heat and alcohol in our fuel is the major cause and yes it was a common problem with the Sportsman up until a couple years ago when they added a heat shield behind the tank. The OEM shield that was added to the newer models can be added to the older models but a lot of guys are wrapping the header to prevent heat transfer. Yes they are a pain to wrap but this eliminates heat in that area altogether. With real gasoline we wouldn't have these problems.
1 x
NRA Life Endowment Member

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:34 am

Old Syko wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:19 am
The combination of too much heat and alcohol in our fuel is the major cause and yes it was a common problem with the Sportsman up until a couple years ago when they added a heat shield behind the tank. The OEM shield that was added to the newer models can be added to the older models but a lot of guys are wrapping the header to prevent heat transfer. Yes they are a pain to wrap but this eliminates heat in that area altogether. With real gasoline we wouldn't have these problems.
Ya got that right OS! This Ethanol crap eventually destroys all motors, especially small ones. :x
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:55 am

Mark
Sorry to hear that about the injury and surgery. I wish you the best with that. Hope for a speedy full recovery.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:06 pm

Thank you for your thoughts Al!!!