Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Ranger UTV Mirrors Broken Off

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Ranger UTV Mirrors Broken Off

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:23 pm

We had something happen on the farm where we had to go bombing thru the woods to try and locate the source. :roll: I can't go bombing thru the woods without my UTV, and it did great, but I had to squeeze thru some pretty tight areas and four wheel my way thru some wet spots. I had to push thru some brush and I was amazed at how well the little Ranger did. Very pleased. ;)
BOM Ranger 500.jpg
BOM Ranger 500.jpg (295.01 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
It wasn't until I went to back out of the shop to go down and check the mail that evening and went to adjust the mirrors, realizing that the brush and trees had bent them back, that I was bummed to realize that the plastic mounts had not survived the trip thru the woods. :twisted: Sad, since the mirror kit was NOT cheap for the external mirrors, in excess of $60. :roll: I have been without mirrors for about three weeks, figuring I'd wait til after the Christmas rush and see if Amazon put any of the UTV kits on sale and just pick up an internal wide angle Aluminum kit. Then, I started thinking... the Mirrors didn't break and I took a closer look, then disassembled the mirrors. The mounting stud on the mirrors, both sides, was still intact. I let that percolate in the back of my mind and the next time I was in Lowes, I started looking at bracket materials. My thought was to bend/twist a bracket.

Then it hit me... two part bracket. Worked like a champ.
01 ranger re-rengineer.jpg
01 ranger re-rengineer.jpg (226.4 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
02 Ranger re-engineer.jpg
02 Ranger re-engineer.jpg (235.62 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
This is a long view, not a very good pic, but you get the idea.
03 Ranger poor pic.jpg
03 Ranger poor pic.jpg (246.82 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
So far the new brackets are stable and secure. If they don't work out, I can still order the internal mirror, and I am only out a couple bucks for the bracket hardware, and the time wasn't an issue... I enjoyed the challenge. :)
3 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: Ranger UTV Mirrors Broken Off

Post by Cofisher » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:55 pm

Good fixin.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Ranger UTV Mirrors Broken Off

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:39 am

Update...
Dec 7, 2018
Still going strong.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.