Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

PT Cruiser

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
TRock
Cowhand
United States of America

PT Cruiser

Post by TRock » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:48 pm

Have you ever had an old vehicle that is worth more to you than what you could ever sell it for? I have a 2005 Pt Cruiser that still runs and drives great. I have pulled my trailer with my ATV with it often , and carried pedal steel guitars already set up in the back. Every time I decide to upgrade, I think why give up the old war horse. It's not as cool as my wife's car, but then again I am not as cool as my wife...lol
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: PT Cruiser

Post by JEBar » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:26 pm

over time we have owned and still own a string of vehicles that fit that description .... a 1978 Jeep J10 pickup that we kept and drove for 24 years .... we still have my Mom's 2000 Buick Park Avenue that is driven on a daily basis .... a 2005 Trailblazer that really runs well .... a 2007 Sportchassis with which we tow our camper and anticipate driving to Texas in about 2 weeks .... our plan is to keep my 2011 Silverado until at least 2021 .... none of these vehicles could be sold or traded for anywhere near what they are worth to us
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:26 pm

over time we have owned and still own a string of vehicles that fit that description .... a 1978 Jeep J10 pickup that we kept and drove for 24 years .... we still have my Mom's 2000 Buick Park Avenue that is driven on a daily basis .... a 2005 Trailblazer that really runs well .... a 2007 Sportchassis with which we tow our camper and anticipate driving to Texas in about 2 weeks .... our plan is to keep my 2011 Silverado until at least 2021 .... none of these vehicles could be sold or traded for anywhere near what they are worth to us
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:57 am

The older I get the more I hate buying vehicles. Im hoping the one now will last until Im ready for the dirt.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:44 am

TRock wrote:Have you ever had an old vehicle that is worth more to you than what you could ever sell it for?
I own two vehicles that meet that description, both bought with cash; a 2008 Mercury Milan four door sedan and a 2006 Chevy Colorado four seat truck. They each have about 100K on them and they both look and drive great. They're keepers; no need to change.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

TRock
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TRock » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:27 pm

BigAl52 wrote:The older I get the more I hate buying vehicles. Im hoping the one now will last until Im ready for the dirt.
I agree. I am 64 and had my first heart attack at 38 . I 'm afraid to go on the car lots now, for fear of having another one after gazing at the sticker on the window of a new one.
1 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:23 pm

BigAl52 wrote:The older I get the more I hate buying vehicles. Im hoping the one now will last until Im ready for the dirt.
I'm pretty sure my '06 Miata will outlast me, it still has less than 50k miles on it. It is getting harder to get in and out of with my old knees so I may eventually want something different.

My '97 Ranger is still going strong with just over 100k. I only drive it in the Winter or when I need to haul something that won't fit in the Miata. It's been a good rig, hardly any repairs needed although I did just spend $700 to have the intake manifold gaskets replaced. Years ago I would have done it myself but it's a big enough job that I didn't want to tackle it in my unheated garage and it was already at the shop.

I try to do most of the routine maintenance on both of them but a lot of things on the newer computer controlled cars can't be diagnosed by a backyard mechanic.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:42 pm

There is a teardrop trailer that has the profile of the PT Cruiser and they call it a PT Snoozer.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

TRock
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TRock » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Sir Henry wrote:There is a teardrop trailer that has the profile of the PT Cruiser and they call it a PT Snoozer.
For real, I am pretty gullible you know...LOL
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:27 pm

dave77 wrote:
I'm pretty sure my '06 Miata will outlast me, it still has less than 50k miles on it. It is getting harder to get in and out of with my old knees so I may eventually want something different.

My '97 Ranger is still going strong with just over 100k. I only drive it in the Winter or when I need to haul something that won't fit in the Miata. It's been a good rig, hardly any repairs needed although I did just spend $700 to have the intake manifold gaskets replaced. Years ago I would have done it myself but it's a big enough job that I didn't want to tackle it in my unheated garage and it was already at the shop.

I try to do most of the routine maintenance on both of them but a lot of things on the newer computer controlled cars can't be diagnosed by a backyard mechanic.
Another thing that has to do with age. I mentioned before Im not fond of crawling around on the concrete anymore to change the oil. I still do it only because where I work they have a full length truck pit so I can stand up underneath and do it. But I use synthetic oil have for years so my oil changes are in frequent so its not to bad. But any of the other stuff gets a mechanic for hire because I just don't want to do it anymore.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55