Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

PT Cruiser

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: PT Cruiser

Post by dave77 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:49 pm

I used to enjoy wrenching, now I just do it to save some money and also to know it was done right. Last really big job I did was changing all the shocks and springs on the Miata, that was a few years ago and I think I would pay to have it done today although maybe not. Thinking of putting some coilovers on it and it would be a lot easier than spring/shock replacement, especially since I've already done it once.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:51 pm

TRock wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:There is a teardrop trailer that has the profile of the PT Cruiser and they call it a PT Snoozer.
For real, I am pretty gullible you know...LOL
Yes for real. I saw a picture of one once. It was fiberglass (I think) and looked like a Cruiser with a round front end. Of course it only had one axle and it was near the back but pushed forward a few inches. It didn't have windows except for on the two doors and they were near the middle.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

TRock
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TRock » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Cool, I might need to check into one. It would probably be more comfortable than the couch when I mess up at home...lol
0 x

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:15 pm

Yep we've got a couple like that. My '88 Isuzu Trooper that I rebuilt from a bare frame 10 years ago for Overlanding style trips. It's about to get a new engine out of another one I have.

Mama Squatch's '99 CRV with 200+K miles just got a little work done to keep it on the road a few more years.

I personally don't have much use for all the electronic nannys and BS on the newer vehicles. I grew up driving automobiles not video games. Add The obscene prices and heart attack at the dealers is a possibility.

Last year I did score on a slightly broken in, 10 year old, like new Toyota Tundra. I paid about 1/2 of the original cost and it had 43k original miles.

I'm getting old and losing my interest in laying on the garage floor as well. But I still do way too much of it. With a few exceptions I've had way too many problems over the years paying others to do the work.
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.