Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

VW Beetle (Turbo)

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: VW Beetle (Turbo)

Post by PT7 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Thanks, DD.
Been using the turbo for passing. It really does the job quite well.
And I actually feel the "push" back into the seat as Old Blue scurries forward. ;)
Sure is a lot different from the Bugs I drove back in the 80s, or my Dad's Bug eons ago in the 60s!

I've found that I like this car a lot, and I've been surprised just how much fun it is to drive. Didn't expect that; just thought I traded my T&C van in for a plain-Jane Beetle. Another surprise is that a number of folk have chatted with me when I've been at the gas pump, and complimented me on this "sharp-looking car." Mostly they find it hard to believe that it isn't new, but four years old. The first owner sure did a good job maintaining it, and also looking nice.

As long as it keeps on running well for me, it is definitely a keeper. :D
daytime dave wrote:PT7, I like that Beetle. It sure doesn't look base model, as you stated. It looks very nice. I like the rims.

As Al said, you need to kick the turbos once in a while. I'll bet that turbo gets that Beetle moving in a hurry. Two of them get my F150 up off it's knees in a hurry.

Enjoy your ride. It looks fun.
2 x

~Пока~

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:43 am

PT7,

It's amazing how many folks don't realize or don't care what a difference a little effort can make in the long view with a vehicle. We have always taken good care of ours. Traded in a Forester with 240,000 miles on the clock, and it still looked new. It sold while we were still finishing up the paperwork on the new truck. We still get compliments on the 2010 Titan. Folks can't believe it's got more than 60k miles on it. A little effort pays you back. That little vw sure doesn't look four years old.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:54 am

Absolutely right, Marine. It doesn't take much at all to keep a vehicle looking in top shape -- and even clean & maintained under the hood! The first owner of this VW knew that, too. Anyway, I think it helped this time that I had a cared-for vehicle to trade in.

Although nowhere near as sporty looking as this VW, the Chrysler T&C mini-van I traded in still looked sharp. Most folk didn't believe it was 12 years old with 140,000 miles. If it wasn't for the handicapped power chair lift I had in it to transport my wife's chair, I would have kept driving it. It looked great and ran quite well. But I traded (hopefully) to get the handicapped equipment out there for someone else to use.
0 x

~Пока~

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:48 am

I love your turbo Bug
I drove this everyday [ weather permitting ] to work . I owned it for 7 yrs and never broke down .

3 x