Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Truck shows

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
biglever
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Truck shows

Post by biglever » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:04 pm

The kids loved it.
Even found a new bus driver
IMG_20170924_104822_BURST001_COVER.jpg
IMG_20170924_104822_BURST001_COVER.jpg (2.81 MiB) Viewed 3119 times
1 x

biglever
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by biglever » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:16 pm

IMG_20170924_060341.jpg
IMG_20170924_060341.jpg (1.77 MiB) Viewed 3118 times
This was the first show that I let anyone in side, guess I Am going to keep the door open, a lot of the kids, it was there first time on a big bus.
1 x

biglever
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by biglever » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:36 am

20180506_073424.jpg
20180506_073424.jpg (148.53 KiB) Viewed 2809 times
Guess I should update this trend, have put 840 miles on my bus this year, going to the American historical truck society truck shows, have met a lot of great people and drivers. Did show over in west Deerfield Massachusetts
At the Yankee Candle Corp. Headquarters.
I met about 6 club members up in Bennington at. At a home depot. Then we had a convoy over the mountain s to Massachusetts, to the western Massachusetts chapter truck club show. It rained all day. But they still drew a good crowd of trucks , one Bus.
20180506_094839.jpg
20180506_094839.jpg (144.49 KiB) Viewed 2809 times
The first pic is our group getting ready for our convoy.
A guy brought two consolidated freightways rigs.
You use to see them on the roads all the time. Then they closed there doors. Very sad.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:56 am

Im gettin old when I look in those pics because I use to drive some of those trucks.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

biglever
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by biglever » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 am

At the Sept. Hudson Mohawk truck show we had like 325 trucks and over the two day weekend, had 4000+ people come tru the gate.
Trucks came from Canada , Ohio, PA. NY , VT. Mass. CT.
NH. And a BUS.
And a side Note, companies are looking for drivers so bad. They were setting up rigs and had drivers stand by
To interview anybody looking for a job.
Wal mart's was there state DOT. Looking for snowplow
Drivers, they had two rigs all set up with wing plows.
Lot of companies are paying sign on bonuses 3 .$4000
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:24 am

biglever wrote: A guy brought two consolidated freightways rigs.
You use to see them on the roads all the time. Then they closed there doors. Very sad.
My dad retired from Consolidated Freightways many years ago, was never a driver as he had polio but was a dispatcher/assist. office manager for many years. I still remember going with him on weekends when he had paperwork to catch up on and wandering around the warehouse. It wasn't really that big but seemed huge to me as a little kid.
1 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:37 am

biglever wrote: And a side Note, companies are looking for drivers so bad. They were setting up rigs and had drivers stand by
To interview anybody looking for a job.
Wal mart's was there state DOT. Looking for snowplow
Drivers, they had two rigs all set up with wing plows.
Lot of companies are paying sign on bonuses 3 .$4000
My neighbor/best friend has been a truck driver for many years. His boss is retiring and selling his trucks and he told me people are begging him to come work for them. He has one offer to work 3 days a week and home every night which would pay over $40k a year. Said a husband/wife long haul team willing to put in some long hours can make well over a
$100k a year.
1 x

biglever
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by biglever » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:37 am

The chauffeur training truck driving school was also there. They said a lot of the young guys that make it true and get there license, can't get a job , because they fail
The company's drug test.
I started out as part of a two man team, driving over the road.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:03 am

A buddy of mine is a doc, a psychologist. He got burned out a few years ago... Mostly from battling the insurance companies, constantly searching for reliable office staff, etc. He actually took a break from his profession, went to the classes and started driving over the road. He liked the road, driving the truck, etc... But after a year, he went back to his old profession.

Seems the company didn't hold up their end of the agreement. He was to be gone no more than five days, seven at most, then four days home. He would take a load, get to the destination, and hook up to the return load, and the paperwork they handed him would have him headed cross country. He would be gone two of three weeks, get home, and two days later they would call and send him back out. In addition, the company knew the restrictions the drivers were under ref hours, and that they would run into weather and traffic, but set unrealistic goals for arrival with loads.

He tried talking about his concerns... But finally just resigned.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:50 am

relative of mine ran into the same issues.
BrokenolMarine wrote:A buddy of mine is a doc, a psychologist. He got burned out a few years ago... Mostly from battling the insurance companies, constantly searching for reliable office staff, etc. He actually took a break from his profession, went to the classes and started driving over the road. He liked the road, driving the truck, etc... But after a year, he went back to his old profession.

Seems the company didn't hold up their end of the agreement. He was to be gone no more than five days, seven at most, then four days home. He would take a load, get to the destination, and hook up to the return load, and the paperwork they handed him would have him headed cross country. He would be gone two of three weeks, get home, and two days later they would call and send him back out. In addition, the company knew the restrictions the drivers were under ref hours, and that they would run into weather and traffic, but set unrealistic goals for arrival with loads.

He tried talking about his concerns... But finally just resigned.
2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234