Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2016 Camaro RS

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: 2016 Camaro RS

Post by JEBar » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:00 am

on Sept 1, 2017 Hurricane Harvey was moving northward through Tennessee .... a hail storm in one of Harvey's outer bands dropped softball and larger hail in our area .... the largest hail anyone can remember in our part of the country .... our home and vehicles were hit hard .... $30+ thousand in damage to our home and $17+ to our vehicles .... per the adjuster, the damage estimate to my wife's Camaro was $4 thousand .... there were so many vehicles damaged that we just got her Camaro into the body shop yesterday .... shown below, the vehicle with my wife and daughter cleaning up glass from a shattered rear window .... we hope it will be out of the shop so that we can see it prior to when we are scheduled to pull out for Texas on Jan 5th
Attachments
170904 001 Harvey Hail Damage 002.jpg
170904 001 Harvey Hail Damage 002.jpg (62.65 KiB) Viewed 4756 times
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:00 pm

just got a call from the body shop, our Camaro is ready to be picked up .... the good news is, they were able to fix all of the hail damage without having to do any painting ..Smile :).. we could have picked it up today but its raining .... we plan to take our Silverado over in the morning and bring the Camaro home .... Cool :cool:
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:48 pm

I'm sure you are happy. When dogs chased a buck into the side of the Titan... ($7,000+ in damages down the side,) it was in the shop for over a week. That empty spot in the carport made the driveway look...off. Of course, we got the heaviest snow of the year while the bigger of the two four wheel drives was in the shop.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:01 pm

Years ago, Miss Tina's Mother's car was damaged by a massive hail storm that passed thru Central Va. The insurance co approved the repair and told them where to take it. She dropped the car off. They replaced the glass, fixed all the dents, and had to paint the hood, roof, and trunk deck. They called and said the car was ready, but the agent hadn't gotten them the check... they wouldn't release the car until they were paid. Her mom called the agent and he said he was "swamped," but would get by and inspect the car in the next day or so, and write the check. Her mom said the car was parked on the fenced storage lot, and they would start charging them by the day for storage... "shake a leg."

Two days later, it hailed like a demon.... tore up the car again... :o
A week later, an hour after it was ready, her mom and the rep met at the lot.
The agent handed the body shop a much larger check than he had expected to... :roll:
Mom got in her shiny car and drove away... :P
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon May 20, 2019 5:00 pm

UPDATE :

last Thursday we made another drive to and from Asheville ... this trip was different in that for the first time, Maureen's Camaro didn't run right .... about thirty miles from home I felt an intermittent, noticeable shudder .... to me the shudder felt like what we used to say was a torque converter not locking up .... her Camaro has as an 8 speed transmission that can be placed in manual mode and shifted via paddle shifters attached to the steering wheel .... switching into manual mode I quickly learned a good deal about its tranny .... the shift point for the first 7 gears come at what I consider to be low speeds .... when placed in regular drive, she will go into 7th around 40 mph .... bottom line, we made the round trip drive and got back home .... during the drive I phoned the dealership where we buy our vehicles and spoke to the extremely capable young lady who I have come to trust in scheduling work to be done on our vehicles .... the instant I used the word shudder, she said they could take care it ..Smile :).. she said it was a known issue which would required the transmission to be flushed and to install a newly formulated transmission fluid .... she went on to say that if that didn't take care of it, the torque converter would have to be replaced .... we got the care back a little while ago, smooth shifts ..Cool :cool:.. the rather detailed written report from the tech who worked on it, confirmed what we had been told to expect .... it went on to say not to be concerned if it takes a couple of hundred miles to settle down .... when we get back to the dealership I need to check with her and see what I would need to buy if we ever have to add fluid
1 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Mon May 20, 2019 5:23 pm

Very nice, Jim! They've managed to keep reinventing that classic for many years and it's great you guys have continued to keep its heritage alive. Thanks for sharing!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:24 pm

Who would of thought years ago we would be driving cars with almost as many gears or shifts as semi trucks. Crazy
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon May 20, 2019 6:38 pm

8 speeds are old hat in many circles .... the 2019 Silverado half-to trucks with a 6.2L V8 -- is rated to have 420 horsepower and 460 lb.-ft. of torque and is coupled with a 10-speed automatic transmission
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:56 pm

Yup I knew the trucks were up there as I think the Fords have 10 speeds also
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Tue May 21, 2019 2:51 pm

Badger goes zero to 40 in 3 jumps, but he's only good for quarter mile. And he quits work at 2pm. Must be a union thing.
That's quite a car.... :)
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully