Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2016 Camaro RS

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: 2016 Camaro RS

Post by JEBar » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:59 pm

475 hp and capable of 27 mpg .... truly impressive
1 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:48 am

JEBar wrote:475 hp and capable of 27 mpg .... truly impressive
I had 4 tuneup for it and only takes 10 mins to change tuneups . I have the stock tune which let the car run on 87 octane fuel and get 27 MPG . I have a 91 octane street tune for states that don't have 93 octane like Tx . I have a 93 octane street tune which gets 29 mpg and I have a 93 octane race tune which get 27 mpg . All mpg is taken a 70 to 75 mph and side pipe open [ below ]which exit in front of rear tire and is only a little louder that stock unless you step on it hard . .

1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:23 am

impressive .... I haven't used a tuner on a gas powered vehicle since the late 90's ... the one I had required 91 or higher octane and a special thermostat .... never did get my moneys worth out of it .... did use one on a diesel until 2007 .... I was well pleased with it .... Maureen's Camaro has a 6 cylinder engine with 330 some HP ... in the muscle car era it took a big V8 to get that kind of HP
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:59 am

I always loved the looked of the newer Camaros, but these days it's hard for me to get in and out of low slung vehicles after all the knee surgeries. The trucks I step up into and down out of. They are much easier to see safely from as well. That's not to say if that mid 50s to mid 60s muscle came my way, it wouldn't be my now and then toy. ;)
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:08 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:I always loved the looked of the newer Camaros, but these days it's hard for me to get in and out of low slung vehicles after all the knee surgeries. The trucks I step up into and down out of. They are much easier to see safely from as well. That's not to say if that mid 50s to mid 60s muscle came my way, it wouldn't be my now and then toy. ;)
understood .... the Camaro is most definitely my wife's car .... nothing and I do mean nothing in it is designed for someone my size .... I can get in and out but it ain't easy .... the step up to get in and down to get out is one the things I really like about my Silverado
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:47 am

JEBar wrote:
BrokenolMarine wrote:I always loved the looked of the newer Camaros, but these days it's hard for me to get in and out of low slung vehicles after all the knee surgeries. The trucks I step up into and down out of. They are much easier to see safely from as well. That's not to say if that mid 50s to mid 60s muscle came my way, it wouldn't be my now and then toy. ;)
understood .... the Camaro is most definitely my wife's car .... nothing and I do mean nothing in it is designed for someone my size .... I can get in and out but it ain't easy .... the step up to get in and down to get out is one the things I really like about my Silverado
I'm just under six foot, and when I shattered my femur in the fall on my deck last September, I was 270. :evil: I spent a lot of time sedentary due to injuries, and had just been to the doc seeking a release to start going to the gym to get a planned weight loss started. :roll: I was in the hospital a month, and just finished therapy. Still can't walk unassisted, or stand too long... and walking with the walker is painful. But... dieting... I've lost forty pounds. Once I can move more i'd like to drop another twenty or thirty. :?

With the damage I've done to my knees alone over the years, losing the weight is a good idea. 8-)
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:08 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:With the damage I've done to my knees alone over the years, losing the weight is a good idea. 8-)
understood .... I weigh over 300 and ain't near that tall .... on Dec 28th I had heart surgery which seems to have corrected the problem .... this coming Wednesday I have an appointment with a orthopedic surgeon to schedule a knee replacement (had to get the heart taken care of first) .... once the knee is replaced I hope to be in position to become much more active and hopefully shed some weight
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:37 pm

I've had nine surgeries on the right knee including a total replacement (98) and a revision of the replacement (12). My fall in 2016 was directly related to the foot on the right leg dragging a tad, due to all the surgeries, and that leg being seventeen degrees valgas. (The lower leg angled out to the right side from the knee down, out of vertical alignment...)

When my left foot slipped on the wet deck, there was no chance of recovery, the fate was sealed.
Good luck...
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:09 pm

another month, another 500+ mile trip from home to Asheville to visit my Mom at her retirement home .... all in all, a really good day's drive .... I preface the next statement with saying we drove the same route, filled at the same pump, drove the same speeds (speed limit + 4 ) over the same interstate .... we were most happy to see Maureen's Camaro got 33.2 mpg round trip .. :D
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:26 pm

a couple of weeks ago we had to have the windshield in my wife's Camaro replaced .... with the Head's Up Display that windshield proved to be expensive, something over $1,000 .... our insurance agent sent out a repair service and I have to hand it to them, they did a great job .... the $250 deductible we had to pay seemed to be a reasonable out of pocket expense .... based on a friend's recommendation, we checked with our insurance and found that it only cost $3 more a month to reduce the deductible for our Comprehensive coverage from $250 to $100 .... I can only wish that we'd reduced it before having the Camaro's windshield replaced ... :roll:
0 x