Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Daughter's New Camper

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Our Daughter's New Camper

Post by JEBar » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:02 pm

a few weeks ago our daughter's camper was totaled by her insurance company .... after a good bit of looking she has settled on a 2023 Rockwood 2706WS Ultra Lite Travel Trailer >>> https://www.forestriverinc.com/rvs/trav ... 706WS/6317 .... I was working in the RV industry back when she purchased her first camper and I insisted she use a ProPride P3 hitch >>>> https://store.propridehitch.com/proprid ... rol-hitch/ .... the P3 eliminates sway and provides a very solid towing experience .... after who know how many miles over 14+ years of absolutely trouble free towing with the Propride P3 have convinced her that she will not even consider a different hitch .... Sean Woodruff who owns Propride .... I called him for advice last week and as always, he was extremely informative and accommodating .... we are in the process of sending the "hog head" (for lack of a better term) to be reconditioned and she is very happy that her P3 will then be installed on her new camper .... for her son and her, an exciting new camping era has dawned
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Our Daughter's New Camper

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:49 am

Sweet. We have talked about getting a camper several times, but decided against it. We can't even find the time to take an overnight trip to fish. If we bought a camper it would likely sit and rarely get used. THEY are very popular here in Oklahoma and you see them often under carports beside the homes here. We see them often going down the roads... but with the livestock we can't get away. :evil: Miss T's hobbies tie her to the farm.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:23 am

What fridge are they putting in them now Jim?
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:49 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:23 am
What fridge are they putting in them now Jim?
I haven't been able to look into it .... I do know it comes with solar panel(s) which can provide power for it .... that's one of the things I need to check on when we get back
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:52 am

Congratulations to her.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:21 pm

I bet she has one of the new electric fridges. I have a close friend who has a Reflection by Grand Design and he has 2 solar panels that run his. Its a nice fridge and is alot better than the Nevercold aka Norcold that I have. I cant buy ice cream the best the fridge will do is 5 to 10 deg
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:28 am

The trailer we just traded in was a Rockwood 2608bs ultralight. We used it for 4.5 seasons and had zero problems with it. The Rockwood build quality was very good, if fact better than the Forester (same company) motor home we now own.

Al, the fridge in our Moho is one of the new 12v electric models. While I like the idea that it operates while driving down the road I’m struggling with it. It’s either too cold with fridge items partially freezing or too warm with freezer items like ice cream melting. I’ll get it figured out eventually. The unit has a single solar panel to keep it running while on the road but it’s not sufficient in camp. I’m running the generator quite a bit but that’s mostly for A/C as it’s been so hot on our outings. Otherwise running the genny a couple of times a day for a few hours should be sufficient.

Jim, congrats to your daughter and her new rv. I’m thinking she has made a good choice in the brand.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:33 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:28 am
The trailer we just traded in was a Rockwood 2608bs ultralight. We used it for 4.5 seasons and had zero problems with it. The Rockwood build quality was very good, if fact better than the Forester (same company) motor home we now own.

Al, the fridge in our Moho is one of the new 12v electric models. While I like the idea that it operates while driving down the road I’m struggling with it. It’s either too cold with fridge items partially freezing or too warm with freezer items like ice cream melting. I’ll get it figured out eventually. The unit has a single solar panel to keep it running while on the road but it’s not sufficient in camp. I’m running the generator quite a bit but that’s mostly for A/C as it’s been so hot on our outings. Otherwise running the genny a couple of times a day for a few hours should be sufficient.

Jim, congrats to your daughter and her new rv. I’m thinking she has made a good choice in the brand.
Mike my Fridge part does fine its the freezer for us. I did put some Beech Fans on mine in the outside upper vent. It did help the fridge in general. They are thermostatically controlled and guaranteed for life. I also put one inside which goes on the bottom shelf. It runs on 2 d batteries and last about 30 days. It helps push the air from the bottom back up.
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:08 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:28 am

thanks for taking time to express your experience .... I was working in the industry back when Warren Buffett bought Forest River .... last time I heard they are the second largest RV conglomerate behind Thor .... we handled several Forest River lines and some were better made than others .... Rockwood and their sister brand Flagstaff are essentially the same, they are made on the same assembly lines .... back then the biggest difference was interior colors and outside decals .... I like their wall/ceiling/floor all being vacuum bonded, one piece construction .... I've toured their factory complex several times and have witnessed the perfection of their process
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:57 am

a few minutes ago we got a call from our very excited Daughter .... she and her 7 year old son were just leaving the dealership where she purchased her camper after signing the papers .... this week they will be installing slide awnings and fully prepping it for delivery .... her refurbished ProPride P3 hitch should back late in the week and she will take it to them to install .... at some point shortly thereafter they will do the demo and she will drive out with her new camper in tow
3 x