Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

VW Bug -- again on the roller coaster

Tell us about your rides. Daily transportation or your baby. Tell us about them and show them off.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

VW Bug -- again on the roller coaster

Post by PT7 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:12 pm

This article is written by the Road/Show Automotive Reviews Editor, Mr. Carrillo. The first photo you see does remind me of a roller coaster ride. I've been on/off this ride since the early 1960s.
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/volk ... -assembly/

Way back then I first drove VW Beetles (aka Bugs) my Dad owned for about a decade. Fun to zip around in back then, and very inexpensive to gas up. Had more Bugs around during my married years, and my third daughter learned how to drive in one of them (for her, it had the dreaded 4-on-floor shifter). She finally learned it well.

Today I'm "cruising" with one of the last generation VW Beetles in my 2013 Turbo. For anyone interested, my Turbo's 2017 intro to the Forum is here: http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=3231

It will be interesting to see if this writer's projection (last paragraph) will come about. In a way, I would like him to be right for old time's sake. ;)

PT7
0 x

~Пока~

Old Syko
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: VW Bug -- again on the roller coaster

Post by Old Syko » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:13 pm

My son just returned from Germany being a part of the Porsche Driving Experience. There seems to be a big push to electric, even with the higher end stuff. When you consider the link between Porsche and VW it almost becomes a foregone conclusion that the Bug is likely only going to take a respite. I would suspect it to return at some point, in some form as a test platform for what lies ahead.

No offense meant but personally, VW never offered anything to benefit me but then again neither did Porsche.
0 x
NRA Life Endowment Member