Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Winter camp (sleeping in the snow)

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
Greyhawk
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Winter camp (sleeping in the snow)

Post by Greyhawk » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:05 am

Pudsky wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:11 pm
That Duluth Pack looks to me like you are from Northern MN. Best packs out there.
Yes they are... They are sure dang expensive though! Someone had a pile of stuff at the end of their driveway with a 'free' sign a couple of years ago, and there were two Duluth Packs in the pile! Like finding a Northern Minnesota Treasure. :D
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Winter camp (sleeping in the snow)

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:33 am

Wow, nicely done. Those pics are great. You had a great camp there and I bet that sunshine was welcome.

Last time I winter camped like that was nearly 30 years ago. Elk hunting in NE Washington state with lows near zero. We did have a tent tho no wood stove. Before hitting the sack we had to fill the coffee pot and oatmeal pan with water to heat on the Coleman stove. If not, our water jug would be frozen and could not pour any water out. The coffee pot and pan would fully freeze overnight but a little time on the stove would take care of that. This was early November, not even winter yet. We still call it “the year of the froze”.....

As mentioned earlier your girls will have a great lifelong memory. Of course you Northern Minnesota folks are a hardy breed for sure.
1 x