Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2020 Trip to Texas

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: 2020 Trip to Texas

Post by JEBar » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:43 pm

back in late January when we purchased replacement laptops from Best Buy a year's free technical support for vehicle electronic installs and repairs came as part of the deal .... at that time we made an appointment to have them replace the GPS antenna cable in our Sportchassis .... the cable was damaged almost 3 years ago when we had to replace the truck's front windshield ..... part of the repair process requires removing much of the dash so the Pioneer radio .... I'd become convinced that doing so is way above my expertise .... this afternoon we drove our truck over to the Best Buy in Conroe where I watched cable replacement .... while opening up the dash proved to be a much easier/quicker operation than I anticipated, it confirmed that there isn't much in the way of repairs that I'd be willing to undertake in there .... the last couple of years I have had a completely different type of trailer brake controller that I have been asked to test but there was no way I'd be willing to install it .... that changed today and I am looking forward to doing so during one of our club camping weekends
2 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:59 pm

Sometimes stuff aint that hard. Its harder tryin to figure out how the heck that stuff comes apart. Youtube is your friend in alot of cases.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:17 am

absolutely .... a choice that I often overlook
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:29 am

with a little over a week left before we head home, we've made changes to our scheduled stops on our way home (see the updated itinerary in post 1) .... the changes involve planned fuel stops so as to take advantage of TSD Logistics Diesel Fuel Discounts ====> http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... cs#p127817 .... our winter trip to Texas has passed way tooooo quickly .... guess its time to begin serious preparations for this summer's trip to South Dakota
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:40 am

well, things beyond our control have pushed us to making a decision to return home early ..... our original plan was to pull out next Tuesday (the 24th) but now plan to head for home day after tomorrow (the 19th) .... bottom line, there are just too many negative variables beyond our control for us to prolong this trip .... now we have to reschedule campground reservations and get busy breaking camp
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:19 pm

one of our concerns is the campground we are booked into for our second night of the return trip is in a city park .... we've been told that they are considering closing the park .... its location is perfect for us and while we can probably find another somewhere along the way, we'd rather not .... well, that concern proved to be justified .... Sherling Lakes RV Park is scheduled to close early on Friday .... we now have to try and find another campground in that general area .... the search will begin the first thing in the morning ....
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:09 am

this morning we were able to book a site at Montgomery South RV Park in Hope Hull, AL ====> https://montgomerysouthrv.sepimarketing.com/ to replace Sherling Lakes .... happy to see that the change doesn't have any significant impact on trip .... one day's drive will be a bit longer, the next a bit shorter .... now we move to packing up in preparation of pulling out in the morning
2 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:24 am

Safe trails on the final leg of your TX journey, Jim!
0 x

~Пока~

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:43 pm

Safe travels Jim hope you dont encounter any troubles.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:40 pm

good wishes appreciated .... we aren't really happy about our decision to leave early but we also have no doubt that its the right thing to do .... we are pretty well packed with only last minute items to take care of .... when we took up the patio carpet, it exposed 3 large fire ant mounds ..... over time, finding them has become more and more common .... the next folks who park on our current site will find the mounds to be almost dead, if not completely dead .... while out and about we stopped at the local Kroger .... it is a large, very nice store .... there were some empty sections but for the most part we were able to find everything we need
0 x