Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2019 Summer Trip To South Dakota

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: 2019 Summer Trip To South Dakota

Post by markiver54 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:30 pm

JEBar wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:16 pm
a few years ago we were parked in a campground in Florida where I saw a sign to not go beyond the sign due to Gators .... we didn't go past the sign and never actually saw any .... in thinking back I can't help but wonder how the gators knew which side of the sign to stay on .. :?
:lol: :lol: I always wonder when I see a deer crossing sign, how do they know where to cross? :D
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:58 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:30 pm
:lol: :lol: I always wonder when I see a deer crossing sign, how do they know where to cross? :D
yep, most certainly one of the mysteries of the universe ;)
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:05 am

Cold blooded and there fast
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:21 pm

with rain forecasted to be on the way, we've gotten serious about moving thing into the camper .... hopefully by later this afternoon we will have most of our clothing and larger electronic equipment (printers, food sealer, crock pots, etc) out there and stored .... Dry Lube PTFE Spray needed to lube the pistons in our auto leveling system ordered, should be here Friday .... tomorrow we start precooling our Yeti cooler that is mounted on the carrier on the back of our camper .... tire pressure monitoring system activated, all's good ....perimeter critter defense system (AKA mouse traps) inspected, delighted to find all's good ....
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:33 pm

just received a link from Missouri's Highway Department showing the roads closures ===>
.... they've really been hit hard
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:17 pm

Yeah, it has been interesting to "navigate" in and around KCMO lately, Jim. Late last week, I decided to visit the Leavenworth Natl Cemetery where my wife is buried. This was within days after the Linwood, KS tornado. I know of four different routes to get there from my home, and all are initially circuitous. Out of the four, only one was open for travel --- barely. I still drove through some flooding on the highways, and haven't yet scraped off the mud on the sides of my car from the farm soil pushed onto the roads.

Your modot map sure tells the story. Probably other neighboring states show their travel issues, which exist due to Midwest flooding this year. I hope you'll be able to successfully plan all your upcoming travels to SD.
1 x

~Пока~

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:21 pm

good wishes appreciated .... as things stand today, we should be able to get out there by following the route spelled out in post 1 of this thread .... we sure hope that the repairs are made and we can take I-29 down to KC in August .... we are really looking forward to attending the gathering down there
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:51 pm

2 more days at home .... 20+ days without any rain and with us due to pull out Saturday morning, its been raining every day .... 100% chance of rain/thunderstorms on Friday so we must come as close as we can to completing packing tomorrow .... if the forecast is correct, we should be in and out of rain for our entire first day's drive to Western NC
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:23 pm

thankfully the rain forecasted for today hasn't materialized .. 8-) .. most of our morning was spent taking things from the house out to the camper .... for the most part our major packing is complete .... an unexpected need for a trip to Sam's materialized, we were able to work it in along with having to pickup our soon to be grandson from daycare .... tomorrow we plan to move food and other such supplies to the camper, hopefully, the rain they are calling for tomorrow will take its time getting here ....
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:13 am

rain is supposed to set in here later today and once it starts, it is supposed to set in for a good while .... we continue packing in preparation for pulling out for South Dakota tomorrow morning .... the last minute stuff will no doubt end up being loaded while its raining .... we have hooked up so our things to do outside of the camper in the morning have been minimized .... sounds like we will be driving through rain most all day and we expect it to rain most of the time between our arrival and when we pull out on Monday morning .... shouldn't be a major issue unless the creek that runs through the campground gets out
0 x