Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2019 Summer Trip To South Dakota

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: 2019 Summer Trip To South Dakota

Post by markiver54 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:01 pm

JEBar wrote:a pre DEF Mercedes motor .... Allison T3000 tranny ....
Pre DEF, big plus! Used to hate dealing with that cow pee!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Jenkinsd
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Jenkinsd » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:22 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Pre DEF, big plus! Used to hate dealing with that cow pee!
On a flat rock
0 x
muleskinner1

Jenkinsd
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Jenkinsd » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:34 pm

Sounds like she can walk out a little bit
0 x
muleskinner1

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:52 pm

Jenkinsd wrote:Sounds like she can walk out a little bit

330 HP 11,000 FP's of torque ..... she does well .... we didn't buy her for power .... we had a 2001 Chevy 3500 with a Duramax and T1000 Allison .... it towed our rig literally from ocean to ocean and border to border .... the issue was ride .... I don't believe that there is anyone building roads today in our country today who knows how to make it smooth crossing onto or off of a bridge .... the Freightliner's suspension and seats are built on air bags .... when the truck hits a bump they absorb the jolt and do not pass it on to the passengers .... our hope is the reduced pounding will allow us to travel longer
0 x

Jenkinsd
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Jenkinsd » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:06 pm

JEBar wrote:
Jenkinsd wrote:Sounds like she can walk out a little bit

330 HP 11,000 FP's of torque ..... she does well .... we didn't buy her for power .... we had a 2001 Chevy 3500 with a Duramax and T1000 Allison .... it towed our rig literally from ocean to ocean and border to border .... the issue was ride .... I don't believe that there is anyone building roads today in our country today who knows how to make it smooth crossing onto or off of a bridge .... the Freightliner's suspension and seats are built on air bags .... when the truck hits a bump they absorb the jolt and do not pass it on to the passengers .... our hope is the reduced pounding will allow us to travel longer
Yes and you can upgrade those seats. When my back started bothering me I put a USA therapeutic seat in my Pete well worth the expense.
0 x
muleskinner1

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:17 pm

Jenkinsd wrote:Yes and you can upgrade those seats. When my back started bothering me I put a USA therapeutic seat in my Pete well worth the expense.

I'm not familiar with that seat .... thanks for the link, I will most certainly look them up .... I'm not sure who installed the seats in our truck, Sportchassis or Freightliner .... they have most of the bells and whistles and are very comfortable
1 x

Jenkinsd
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Jenkinsd » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:58 pm

JEBar wrote:
Jenkinsd wrote:Yes and you can upgrade those seats. When my back started bothering me I put a USA therapeutic seat in my Pete well worth the expense.

I'm not familiar with that seat .... thanks for the link, I will most certainly look them up .... I'm not sure who installed the seats in our truck, Sportchassis or Freightliner .... they have most of the bells and whistles and are very comfortable
ok you guys have fun
0 x
muleskinner1

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:10 pm

we are still 46 days from leaving home on this trip .... as is always the case, looking forward, some will pass quickly and some won't ....once the day gets here and we look back, the time will seem to have evaporated
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:35 am

the Estelline area simply doesn't seem to be able to shake off winter and move to spring .... the forecast out there for tomorrow is "Snowfall around one inch." .... with warming temps also in the forecast, hopefully the transition is finally underway
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:54 pm

a new concern has surfaced .... we've just learned that flooding earlier this month has closed I-29 from KC to Omaha ..... in looking at the recommended detour, we may well have to change our entire projected route out there .... info related to this closing from folks living in and/or familiar with that area would be appreciated
0 x