Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Headed to Texas

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Headed to Texas

Post by GFK » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:01 am

Glad you guys are getting a break. May you have fun. Galveston was the first place I tried shrimp po'boys. Once tried, it was a sandwich of choice for years. But, very few tasted the same. Hopefully, I may get a chance to visit that area again one day.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:03 pm

BigAl52 wrote:......JEBar Im gonna be down that way around the 25th of March. We are headed to a place we have been before. Dickinson Bayou and the Marque RV resort. We know the owner and I think her brother might be going with us also. I wont be far from you or from Shakey Jake. We are going to be down there for about 2 weeks. She is really looking forward to it. I am as well.
http://www.marqueervresort.com/
Lived in Dickinson for a few years back in my younger days. There used to be a shooting range not too far from there across from the Dickinson air port. I haven't been there in years and the last time I was looked like it wasn't kept up well. Shot skeet league tournaments there. Hope we might get a chance to meet.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:29 am

hope your trip preparations are going well .... with all of the reports of snow, hope it will be a distant memory by the time you hit the road
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Had the 5er out today checking it out and doing some updating in the light dept. Slides checked stove and furnace checked and replaced the hot water heating element. Upgrading some lights to LED especially the light under the over hang that has never worked right from day one. Its now in the trash and replaced with an all new LED light and it works. Not to mention its about twice as bright. Fixed some other stuff and new tires are going on next Sat. Put new injectors in the Dodge as they were showing signs of not working right. I think things should be coming together. No snow here just cold and wind. Looking forward to the trip and so is the wife.
3 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:20 pm

sounds good .... really glad to hear of the pending new tires .... upgraded a bunch of our coach lights to LED's a few years back .... doing so is well worth the effort .... just curious, was the water heater element blown .. :?:
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:30 pm

Nobody home in the element I replaced its in the trash. I had a heck of a time getting it out and if one of our mechanics hadnt been at the shop with his special made socket I wouldnt have been able to get it out.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:26 pm

understood on the special tool .... been there .. ;)
0 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:38 am

Safe travels, Al. I hope you both have a really relaxing and enjoyable holiday. ;)
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:05 pm

New tires on the 5ver today Im ready to roll. Jim I might not make it when you are there this time. Bummer. The park has no openings currently. She has my number and Im hoping some will leave early but it may not happen. At this point Im up in the air and I mentioned to the wife if we go a week later it could be messing with the tax deadline. Im on a wait and see travel date.
0 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:56 pm

hate to hear it ... the weather has made a major positive up turn ... we are due to pull out for home on April 1st
0 x