Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Headed to Texas

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Headed to Texas

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:51 am

My wife finally sold her business and is officially retiring. Its a big relief for the both of us as it was a business that required 24/7 attention. Shes operated an assisted living home here in town for over 30 years. She and I havent had a vacation together in about 4 years because she didnt have anyone who could watch it while we left town. Its a long story and its really not even worth mentioning about the last 4 years. It involved family things and we all know those can be difficult when its family employed by family. So while waiting in the final days for it to be all done (which it is) now a choice for vacation became hers. We have a big RV that hasnt been used in about 4 years either. I store it inside so MR Sun hasnt been able to do his damage on it like when they sit outside. JEBar Im gonna be down that way around the 25th of March. We are headed to a place we have been before. Dickinson Bayou and the Marque RV resort. We know the owner and I think her brother might be going with us also. I wont be far from you or from Shakey Jake. We are going to be down there for about 2 weeks. She is really looking forward to it. I am as well.
http://www.marqueervresort.com/
5 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Headed to Texas

Post by PT7 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:15 am

Al, Congrats to your wife on her retirement, and to you for gaining the "relief & release" alongside her. Wow, 30 years in operating an assisted living home is some accomplishment and commitment level.

Enjoy your vacation, and safe travel! Hope you are able to connect with JEBar and Shakey Jake down TX way.
Take care.
PT7
0 x

~Пока~

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:55 am

Great news for both of you, Al. Happy Trails!!!
BigAl52 wrote:My wife finally sold her business and is officially retiring...now a choice for vacation became hers. We have a big RV that hasnt been used in about 4 years either. I store it inside so MR Sun hasnt been able to do his damage on it like when they sit outside. JEBar Im gonna be down that way around the 25th of March. We are headed to a place we have been before. Dickinson Bayou and the Marque RV resort. We know the owner and I think her brother might be going with us also. I wont be far from you or from Shakey Jake. We are going to be down there for about 2 weeks. She is really looking forward to it. I am as well.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:25 am

Safe travels, Al, and congrats to you and your wife on finalizing that part of life's journey. Glad to hear you're going to hit the road and get some R&R. Keep us posted!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:25 am

Congrats to the wife, enjoy the long over due vacation.
Safe travels, hope you get to meet a couple members on the journey.
Always nice to put a face on someone you've had conversations with.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:23 am

CONGRATULATIONS indeed .... we are happy for you guys .... just checked Google Maps .... we are north of Houston, you will be south .... looks like about 90 miles apart .... we will be here until April 1st and would be delighted to drive to where we could link up with y'all .. :D
0 x

Jimi
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Jimi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:24 pm

Hope the weather gets better for y’all—still kinda nasty around Temple. We have friends in Colorado that went to Corpus hoping for better weather —hasn’t cooperated much yet.
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:39 pm

Travel safe.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:57 am

Big Al in Texas. nuf said :D
0 x

Blackdog
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Blackdog » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:48 am

It still gets cold here. Nothing like Co, but once you get used to the warm stuff 40 can seem like freezing - with cold and foggy I have to stay inside. I have COPD and the commination of cold air and damp air just doe me in.

Good thing is "winter" is about over. If you can make it through Jan/Feb you should be good for the rest of the year...Aug/Sept is hurricane season.

FEMA brought in thousands of mobil homes fr Hurricane Harvey - parked then at a small airport, never issued them - and now you can bid on one starting at $100. They are at the Hearn Airport an you can bid now - Get a couple and start your own mobil home park! Yes, you are moving to the land of opportunity!

Michael
Rockport, Tx - ground zero for Hurricane Harvey (where one (1) mobil home was delivered by FEMA).
0 x