Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Halloween at Chesapeake

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Halloween at Chesapeake

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:09 am

packing continues .... the strength of Hurricane Delta is raising concern .... our plan was to take on fuel after we leave home Friday morning .... with Delta projected to be at least Cat 3 when it moves through the area off of New Orleans where so many oil platforms are located, we've decided to go out in a few minutes and take on enough fuel to get us to Chesapeake with some to spare ....
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:02 pm

JEBar wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:09 am
packing continues .... the strength of Hurricane Delta is raising concern .... our plan was to take on fuel after we leave home Friday morning .... with Delta projected to be at least Cat 3 when it moves through the area off of New Orleans where so many oil platforms are located, we've decided to go out in a few minutes and take on enough fuel to get us to Chesapeake with some to spare ....
Take care my friend. I read your travel posts but don’t often make a comment. And sometimes like this one I will go back and reread a lot the posts.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:45 pm

good wishes appreciated .... in 2018 we rode out Hurricane Michael (the eye literally passed over us) while we were at Chesapeake .... sure hope there will not be a repeat with Delta
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:39 pm

with us due to pull out in the morning, packing continues .... hopefully, we will be able to complete moving all but the last minute stuff into the truck and camper by mid afternoon .... Hurricane Delta is still in the picture for us .... if the forecast is correct we could see rain from it as early as Saturday .... with its projected course and our line of travel, we could be dealing with it from then into Monday
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:17 pm

our first day's drive on this trip is in the books and we are currently setup at Carolina Crossroads .... while it was uneventful, an issue has developed with the truck .... that being a pinhole leak in the truck's plastic coolant overflow tank .... I've just ordered a replacement that is scheduled to be delivered to our next campground between the 15th and 20th .... how to deal with it between now an this is very much the question of the moment .... suggestions would be most welcome
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:44 pm

Never tried the stuff, but Flexseal??
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:10 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:44 pm
Never tried the stuff, but Flexseal??
I've been thinking about making a patch out of their Flexseal tape .... my concerns are the pressure and the heat .... I don't think giving it a try could hurt anything
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:12 pm

Can't see how it would hurt either. Worth a try I would say. Being just a pin hole should leave you plenty for other applications as well.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:22 am

must admit that with our truck's coolant leak, I'm not looking forward to today's drive .... we have planned two rest area stops where we will check the coolant level .... the good news is, today's temp and rain should minimize the demand on the truck's cooling system
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:20 am

Anything might work or nothing might work depending on how big the hole is. Good luck.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater