Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Travel tale from Burlington in southern WI

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Travel tale from Burlington in southern WI

Post by PT7 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:57 am

Greetings, Forum Folk!

Just a note about my mini-vacation weekend for my nephew's wedding here in southern Wisconsin. Left KCMO on Thursday last for the wedding held yesterday. They had planned an outdoor ceremony at a rural location called the "Rustic Barn" in Burlington, WI. Of course, with any outdoor event, weather is always a factor. Last week here the temps were in the low 90s, and southern WI had a lot of rain (you've probably read about the deluge in Madison, not that far north of this location).

Anyway, the weather was incredibly beautiful. Did not have to use the barn for the ceremony; it took place in a grass field next to soybean crops, and the backdrop for the ceremony was a beautiful weeping willow tree. It was about 69* with the sun just breaking through, and a very pleasant breeze. I've never attended such an enjoyable outdoor wedding before. My nephew was on cloud 9, as was my sister as she sent her last kid out into the world and will now adjust to an empty nest.

So winding down the weekend with visits today and tomorrow with some friends here just south of the state line -- now I'm in northern IL. My wife and I lived in this area for quite a number of years before I retired to KCMO. I have some photos of the wedding, but cannot upload to this motel computer. So I'll try to post some pics when I get back home.

Oh yes, have had some interesting chats at the motel breakfast time, and in the motel lobby with any number of new Navy men and women. Lots of Navy "Moms & Dads" staying here with their kids as there was a naval graduation at Great Lakes Naval Base this weekend. I know that RSb would have some good advice for these new Navy folk!

I've not been back here in my home state since we retired to MO in 2012. Lots of different memory lanes still to cover. Been a busy, tiring, and pretty darn good mini-vacation trip.

Have a good day, Everyone!
PT7
2 x

~Пока~

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Re: Travel tale from Burlington in southern WI

Post by Les » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:48 am

It sounds like you've had a really enjoyable trip, PT, and I'm glad the weather held up for the wedding. ;)
1 x