Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A Different Type of Trip For Us

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

A Different Type of Trip For Us

Post by JEBar » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:21 am

in October we will have been married for 44 years and neither of us can remember ever taking a road trip that wasn't directly related to some specific objective .... we've talked it over and decided we want to take such a short road trip simply for the heck of it .... for us the logical direction to go is to the Caroling coast .... according we just booked a room to spend a couple of days at Carolina Beach, arriving on Sept 10th and leaving on the 12th .... after considerable looking we decided to go with a small motel the reminds me of the ones my family used back in the '50's, as opposed to one of the high rise franchise hotels .... with school back in session I was surprised at the number of motels/hotels throughout that area that are booked solid .... there are still many such motels down there, we chose to go with the Sea Witch Motel .... it is about a 130 miles down I-40 which should be cheap, fun drive in Maureen's Camaro .... now I have to get busy and find some good seafood restaurants .. 8-)

https://www.expedia.com/Wilmington-Hote ... ERSX.MIDSX
8 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: A Different Type of Trip For Us

Post by Henry88 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:30 am

Enjoy your trip JEBar, this one is just for you and your babe...................

Do take a few pics, though :D
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:19 am

I most certainly hope to take a bunch of pictures .... who knows, I might even get up early enough to take some sunrise pictures like the ones I took a few years ago at Myrtle Beach
Attachments
101011 001 sunrise 001.jpg
101011 001 sunrise 001.jpg (46.77 KiB) Viewed 4684 times
101011 001 sunrise 002.jpg
101011 001 sunrise 002.jpg (47.96 KiB) Viewed 4684 times
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:00 am

two words == :o ==> Hurricane Florence !!!
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:32 am

Enjoy. My parents just hit 67 yrs married on Sep 1st.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:15 pm

JEBar wrote:two words == :o ==> Hurricane Florence !!!
Be safe!
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:00 am

those two words are growing larger == :o ==> Hurricane Florence !!!

Tropical Storm Florence is reported to be intensifying over the Atlantic Ocean ..... it is increasingly likely to either landfall or strike a part of the U.S. East Coast as a formidably strong hurricane mid- to late next week.... the latest forecast calls for it to be still be well off shore when we are due to leave on Wednesday morning .... if conditions warrant, my wife's Camaro will most certainly head west on I-40 earlier than planned
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:57 am

believe it or not, we are going to pull out in a few minutes and head toward the coast .. :? .. over a month ago we decided to take a short trip to Carolina Beach (Wilmington) .... at that point there hadn't been a single hurricane type storm in the Atlantic this year .... we made reservations for Sept 10 - 12 to stay at a small old school, water front motel .... it is supposed to hit our coast on Thursday and move on inland .... the forecast from now through Wednesday is actually pretty good .... sure hope they are right .... we plan to be home around Noon on Wednesday and button things up .... we anticipate flooding in our area (not right were we live), trees down on power lines and roads .... the local weather guys say it could get pretty rough
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:56 pm

JEBar wrote:believe it or not, we are going to pull out in a few minutes and head toward the coast .. :? .. over a month ago we decided to take a short trip to Carolina Beach (Wilmington) .... at that point there hadn't been a single hurricane type storm in the Atlantic this year .... we made reservations for Sept 10 - 12 to stay at a small old school, water front motel .... it is supposed to hit our coast on Thursday and move on inland .... the forecast from now through Wednesday is actually pretty good .... sure hope they are right .... we plan to be home around Noon on Wednesday and button things up .... we anticipate flooding in our area (not right were we live), trees down on power lines and roads .... the local weather guys say it could get pretty rough
Good luck, Jim. I know you will be careful. It is now a CAT 4 and growing stronger. It is expected to make landfall on Thursday just north of Wilmington and is currently 500 miles wide. There are indications that it will remain stationary there for a while before moving inland. Keep that Camaro fueled up!
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:26 pm

JEBar wrote:believe it or not, we are going to pull out in a few minutes and head toward the coast ..
I don't think I would be doing that. Local authorities are requesting people start evacuating now. Could be a real traffic jam up mess getting out of there on Wednesday. Whatever you decide, stay safe.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234