Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2018 Summer Trip West

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: 2018 Summer Trip West

Post by JEBar » Fri May 25, 2018 1:07 am

The Wiz wrote:Do you think you'll have time to do any fishing?
I most certainly hope to be able to do so .... arthritis in my hands has pretty well put an end to my bass fishing .... I simply no longer can make cast after cast .... out there we troll for walleyes .... that's become my favorite type of fresh water fishing
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri May 25, 2018 10:43 am

When I read "trip west" I was thinking west coast. To me ND is EAST. :D Have a great trip and have fun.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri May 25, 2018 1:36 pm

prospective understood .... a few years ago we made a 10,000+ mile trip around the country swing that took us ocean to ocean and border to border .... we had a great time .... visited many places we'd like to go back to and a few that we are glad we saw but have no desire to ever see again .... unfortunately, at our ages, the chance of making another such trip is small and growing smaller ....
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:48 pm

June 5, 2018 .... 5 hr 8 min / 263.3 miles after leaving home we are setup in the East Asheville KOA ====> https://koa.com/campgrounds/asheville-east/ .... at least one pretty big group must be here, this place is packed .... our site isn't great, not large enough for the truck and camper .... good water pressure, electric, sewer hookups .... as noted a while back, we weren't able to road test the suspension, brake, bearing, fender installs/upgrades made to our camper .... I do admit to being unease about hitting the road without doing so .... bottom line, all seems to be good to go .... I also admit to being very relieved .... while in Asheville we were able to eat out with two different cousins and their spouses ....

June 7, 2018 .... after 366.1 miles / 6 hr 20 min and crossing into the Central Time Zonw, we are now settled in at Clarksville RV Park ===> https://clarksvillervpark.com/ .... very hot and humid, most happy to have 2 15K AC's cranking out cool air .... today's drive was fairly easy but most certainly frustrating a time or 2 type drive .... heavy traffic just west of Knoxville but that's pretty much the norm .... the last 14 miles prior to our Exit off of I-24 both lanes of traffic came to a stop .... once it started moving, both lanes moved along at 10 - 15 mph .... once we reached the cause of the backup, I honestly couldn't believe it ... 2 Tennessee DOT dump trucks moving along slowly in the inside (left) lane with flashing lights indicating for traffic to move to merge into the right lane .... they were protecting a truck moving down the shoulder spraying weeds .... I have no doubt that I'm not alone in wishing I could have an intense chat with whoever scheduled that job to be done at a high traffic time .... while in Asheville we put 60.9 miles on the truck .... the posted fuel price at the Crossville. TN Pilot Truck Stop was 16 cents a gallon higher than what we paid back home, truck averaged 9.1 mpg .... tomorrow's scheduled drive to St Louis is slated to cover just under 300 miles
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:52 pm

June 8, 2018 ..... after covering 303.6 miles in 5 hrs, we are once again setup at the West St Louis KOA .... to say its hot here simply doesn't do justice to the oven out there this afternoon .... thankfully another uneventful drive .... tomorrow morning some friends are coming by at 9:30 and picking me up to go to Jay Henges' Trap Range where we plan to fire 100 rounds .... sadly their rifle/pistol range is still undergoing some serious maintenance so our Henry 44 will stay in its case ....
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:09 pm

4HRF.jpg
4HRF.jpg (9.53 KiB) Viewed 3637 times
Once again welcome to the Show-Me-State, JEBar. You noticed.....yes, we here in MO currently reside in an oven!

Enjoy your trap time at Jay Henges. Hopefully the rifle/pistol side might be ready for you on the return trip.
Be safe.
PT7
JEBar wrote:June 8, 2018 ..... after covering 303.6 miles in 5 hrs, we are once again setup at the West St Louis KOA .... to say its hot here simply doesn't do justice to the oven out there this afternoon .... thankfully another uneventful drive .... tomorrow morning some friends are coming by at 9:30 and picking me up to go to Jay Henges' Trap Range where we plan to fire 100 rounds .... sadly their rifle/pistol range is still undergoing some serious maintenance so our Henry 44 will stay in its case ....
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:11 pm

welcome appreciated .... you Show Me guys are sure fortunate to have an outstanding state park system .... doubt it will be any cooler in August when we are on our way back through but we are certainly looking forward to it
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Must have missed the resolution of the slide out, just over heated wire and switch?
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Mags wrote:Must have missed the resolution of the slide out, just over heated wire and switch?

according to the fellow who took diagnosed the problem and ordered a replacement : " it is the smallest 1/2 HP rated rocker switch I have ever seen. I took the failed one apart and found the positive terminal burned away. I was impressed with the quality of the parts even though they were tiny its well built. " .... our camper uses 3 of those switches, we now have 3 spares

this morning 5 of us who we have met over the years who enjoy shooting trap met at Jay Henges when it opened for business .... we thoroughly enjoyed the first three rounds (25 shells per round) and had fired 5 rounds when heavy rain started falling .... I plan to go back in the morning and see if the weather will permit firing 4 more rounds
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:56 pm

I tried shooting clay for the first time last month while visiting a friend in Northern California. I nailed the first clay. Friend thought I was spoofing him that I had never trap shot before. I put his mind to ease though. On subsequent shots, other than a few nicks, I missed every clay put into the air. I had a lot of fun trying at least until the 12 gauge got too heavy to lift fast enough.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234