Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Getting ready for Baltimore again (Dr Who Con)

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Getting ready for Baltimore again (Dr Who Con)

Post by clovishound » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Clovispup and I are heading to the Dr Who convention in Baltimore next week. This will be our third con. This year I decided to put together a full costume. Since I am retired Air Force Reserves, I decided that a Unit uniform costume would be appropriate. Next year I may do Sgt Benson, but this year I am going to dress like the Brigadier. Got the last items a couple days ago, I know, down to the wire. Anyway here he is.
brig2.JPG
brig2.JPG (601.35 KiB) Viewed 3508 times
OK, I just looked at the picture and the Brig is not very squared away. Next time I will iron the trousers a little higher up, and pay more attention to the collar and the placement of the sweater. I failed to look in the mirror, since the light was fading and the sweater is hot. Anyway, it will give you and idea of what it looks like.

Also looks like the Brig needs to go on a diet. We used to call it the "Fat Boy Program" back in the day.

This looks a little more squared away. Notice the funky British open hand salute.
brig1.JPG
brig1.JPG (247.52 KiB) Viewed 3508 times
5 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Getting ready for Baltimore again (Dr Who Con)

Post by GFK » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:14 pm

Have fun!
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:41 am

Awesome!!! I'll bet you and Clovispup will have a blast.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:21 am

Have a great trip!

Cate
0 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:24 am

Well, instead of heading to Baltimore today, I'm lounging around the house. Got an e-mail alert from Amtrak yesterday that my reservation had been canceled. Weather in the northeast is nasty today. Got rescheduled for Thurs. Con starts on Fri. Snow is supposed to stop later this afternoon. Hopefully all we will miss is one day of non-con.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:30 am

sure hope you are able to get there and do have a great time
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:42 am

You got that right, clovishound. The northeast is again getting pounded by their fourth nor'easter....what a rough winter so many folk have had, and still are having. Weather reports I'm seeing today predict this storm carries a "dump of record spring snow!" Glad Amtrak has you safe at home and lounging. Hope everyone on our Forum living in the Northeast will stay safe, too.

Anyway, enjoy yourselves when you finally do get there.
clovishound wrote:Well, instead of heading to Baltimore today, I'm lounging around the house. Got an e-mail alert from Amtrak yesterday that my reservation had been canceled. Weather in the northeast is nasty today. Got rescheduled for Thurs. Con starts on Fri. Snow is supposed to stop later this afternoon. Hopefully all we will miss is one day of non-con.
0 x

~Пока~

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:52 am

I was watching the reports for weather the last couple days, and yesterday I was starting to wonder whether to postpone the trip by a day. Since the hotel is very close to the train station, I decided to hold pat. Amtrak made the decision for me. Probably a good thing.

Clovispup and I talked last night and decided that we would still go if we had to miss the first day. Things don't kick off until late afternoon on Fri. The weather is supposed to be in the mid 40s tomorrow, so hopefully we won't have any trouble getting there.
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:02 am

The wooley pulley will be just the outfit for the forties. I hope you have a great time. Safe travels.

P.S. I'm moving this to the newly relocated travel area and I'm hopefully shadowing it here to.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:15 pm

I saw the travel section disappear a while back. Didn't realize it had been moved here.

Well, they canceled today's train. Looks like we will miss the first half day. Neither Clovispup or I are happy about it, but the only alternative that wasn't north of $1200 was a bus trip, that both of us nixed. Crossed fingers that we will make this one.

We were hoping to get the midnight train tonight that would get in tomorrow morning, but it was full.
1 x