Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Getting ready for Baltimore again (Dr Who Con)

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Re: Getting ready for Baltimore again (Dr Who Con)

Post by clovishound » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:26 pm

Update, I kept checking the overnight train and a cancellation popped up, so we are leaving tonight and will be there in the morning. We shouldn't miss anything if it goes as scheduled. Had to pony up the difference between a seat and a sleeper, but since we will be traveling overnight, it seemed worth it. Plus it was the only way to get there before late tomorrow night. Clovispup is happy with Dad today.:D
2 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:49 am

Well, we just got back from Baltimore late last night. We had a GREAT time. It was much better attended than last year, undoubtedly due to the participation of Peter Capaldi and Michelle Gomez. For those not into Dr Who, they are on the short list of big celebrities for the genre.

Will post a couple pictures later.

There was an incident I witnessed first hand between between Peter and an attendee. I won't go into details for a variety of reasons, but Peter handled it with grace and compassion that really impressed me. His real personality is in contrast to the rather stiff and gruff character he plays in the series. My hat is off to him.

In other news, I was very pleased with the reaction to my costume. I got a lot of compliments and quite a few requests to take pictures. One lady was dressed up as the Brig's daughter and got excited when she saw me and rushed over and said something along the lines of: "I'm your daughter. I have to get a picture of us together!".

Some of the costumes I saw were extremely impressive.
3 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:34 am

Glad you had a good time.
0 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:05 pm

Here's the pup and I with Sarah Sutton. She played Nyssa in the early 80s.

Most of my pictures were a little stilted because I had to hold my head down a little to keep the glare of the lights off my glasses.
sarah.jpg
sarah.jpg (103.44 KiB) Viewed 2396 times
2 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:20 am

I think your costume was terrific. I'd enjoy seeing all the photos you want to share of the event. Sounds cool.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member