Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Woodinville, WA to Necedah, WI

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Woodinville, WA to Necedah, WI

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:07 pm

So, you're home? If so, glad to hear your safe. Tanks, again, for coming to visit us.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:31 pm

North Country Gal wrote:So, you're home? If so, glad to hear your safe. Tanks, again, for coming to visit us.
I wish I could have stayed longer but I needed to get home. Snoqualmie Pass received 10 inches of snow yesterday when I was going over it and 13 so far today and it is only 9:30 am. Seattle might not get much snow but just 54 miles away the pass gets dumped.

http://www.wsdot.com/traffic/passes/snowdepth/

Here 'old 931' sits in the driveway. It is now in the garage.
DSCN6130.JPG
DSCN6130.JPG (2.88 MiB) Viewed 3765 times
3 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Hey, now wait a minute here. When you were in Necedah, you were only 109 miles away from my house. Wish I’d have known you were coming. :(

Glad you got to see Joanie and Bill. Oh, and that sure is a nice camper.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:55 pm

Sir Henry wrote:I was too homesick so I drove all night to get home. Lookout Pass on the Montana/Idaho border was bad but I was able to get through. That Outback sure knows how to pull a trailer in the snow. These pictures were taken on Snoqualmie Pass in Washington State. Chains were required on all vehicles except 4WD.
DSCN6115.JPGDSCN6113.JPG
my respects Sir .... I have been forced by circumstances beyond my control to have to tow over snow covered roads .... I sure hope that never happens again .... you sure have a well matched, nice looking rig .... next question, when do you plan to take it out on your first camping trip :?:
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:40 pm

ditto1958 wrote:Hey, now wait a minute here. When you were in Necedah, you were only 109 miles away from my house. Wish I’d have known you were coming. :(

Glad you got to see Joanie and Bill. Oh, and that sure is a nice camper.
I would have loved to have stopped but I was on a mission to get the trailer home before Winter set in at full.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:44 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:I was too homesick so I drove all night to get home. Lookout Pass on the Montana/Idaho border was bad but I was able to get through. That Outback sure knows how to pull a trailer in the snow. These pictures were taken on Snoqualmie Pass in Washington State. Chains were required on all vehicles except 4WD.
DSCN6115.JPGDSCN6113.JPG
my respects Sir .... I have been forced by circumstances beyond my control to have to tow over snow covered roads .... I sure hope that never happens again .... you sure have a well matched, nice looking rig .... next question, when do you plan to take it out on your first camping trip :?:
In late January Miss Evelyn and I are planning a trip down the Oregon coast.

I'm getting t-shirts and hoodies made that has a silhouette of the trailer and reads 931 (the trailer number) and Captain/dishwasher for me and Navigator/head chef for Miss Evelyn. :D
2 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:57 pm

outstanding .... have towed our camper the full length of the Oregon Coastal Highway .... beautiful, beautiful country
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:03 pm

JEBar wrote:outstanding .... have towed our camper the full length of the Oregon Coastal Highway .... beautiful, beautiful country
I've driven parts of it but not the full length. In January it can be cold and windy.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:24 pm

we stayed at Thousand Trails South Jetty on the southern end and their Pacific City campground on the northern end .... Pacific City was a very nice CG, can't say the same for South Jetty
0 x

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:03 pm

Sounds like an eventful trip. It's been a long time since I towed much in the snow. Don't miss that!

Looks like a really nice camper. I'm sure you will be well served by it.

Where is the insulation and how much. The other pics you showed of the tour look like a classic plywood Teardrop with an aluminum covering. I was wondering if it's insulated.

Make sure to wash the road salt off both those new toys very soon! Especially underneath.
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.