Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Woodinville, WA to Necedah, WI

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Woodinville, WA to Necedah, WI

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:26 am

Squatch wrote:Sounds like an eventful trip. It's been a long time since I towed much in the snow. Don't miss that!

Looks like a really nice camper. I'm sure you will be well served by it.

Where is the insulation and how much. The other pics you showed of the tour look like a classic plywood Teardrop with an aluminum covering. I was wondering if it's insulated.

Make sure to wash the road salt off both those new toys very soon! Especially underneath.
The sides are indeed marine plywood but also have a layer of insulation before the aluminum cover was put on. The top on the other hand has more insulation. I'm not sure how much but it is a small space and doesn't take much to heat. Even a candle would heat it in temps above freezing. Might not take it up to 68 but certainly took the chill off.

Yes I washed the car and trailer very good and got the underside as much as I could. When I was traveling through MT I stopped at an indoor wash which included a bottomside spray. Then starting in Missoulia it pouring and all the water spray washed the underside even further. From Missoulia the only time it wasn't pouring down rain it was snowing heavy. Montana, Idaho and Washington doesn't use much chemicals like the Dakotas, Minnisota and Wisconsin.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Woodinville, WA to Necedah, WI

Post by Squatch » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:13 pm

Thanks for the response. Yes a small space makes it much easier to heat. My truck camper is small with 1" of foam in the walls. The small furnace can take it from cold to sweat lodge in short order in less than deep subfreezing temps. I nromally just run it a couple of cycle before bed and then again in the am while I make coffee. A good bag takes care of the warmth while sleeping.
2 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.