Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Woodinville, WA to Necedah, WI

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Woodinville, WA to Necedah, WI

Post by JEBar » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Mistered wrote:I have a once a month (in the summer months) new/current owner seminar at the dealership I work for. I keep it to two hours on a Saturday morning and it's become so popular I had to move it to an open bay in the shop for more room!

the predelivery demo at the dealership where I worked lasted 2-3 hrs .... it was so popular that many buyers came there because of their friends who had been through it
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:50 pm

the predelivery demo at the dealership where I worked lasted 2-3 hrs
Yea I still have to occasionally do a customer 'walk through' on a new sale if we are short handed or if it is a customer who knows me. Gets me out of the office for a couple hours!
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Bill and I want to report that we had a thoroughly enjoyable visit with Gene, today. Can't say enough about finally meeting our forum friend of years in person. It was special. The fact that he drove 160 miles out of his way just to meet with us touched our hearts. Thank-you, Gene.

He left and is on his way to take a pic of the Henry, Rice Lake facility (closed, today.) Good luck, Gene.
7 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Great photographs. Looks like people drive just as bad in the snow there as here in the Northeast. Here, though, all the roads are usually busy. Stay safe and give Bill and Joanie my best. It's very cool you get to meet them.
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:41 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:I ran the furnace all night and even though it is about 68 degrees inside the outside was still covered in snow. It is well insulated.
my second career covered about 14 years in the RV industry .... even though one of my duties was teaching buyers how to use their campers, it was a learning experience for me .... your observation above is most impressive, it certainly speaks well for your camper .... are you using a load leveling/anti-sway hitch .... if so, what brand .. :?: .. what brand of tires did they install .. :?: .. are the tires balanced .. :?: .. one 20 lb propane tank .. :?:
It doesn't need an anti-sway as the tongue weight is enough. Plus its a single axle. Don't know what brand/size the tires are as I'm inside it and not going out to look. :lol: Next time I'm out I will. Yes a single 20 pounder.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:46 pm

Sir Henry wrote:It doesn't need an anti-sway as the tongue weight is enough. Plus its a single axle. Don't know what brand/size the tires are as I'm inside it and not going out to look. :lol: Next time I'm out I will. Yes a single 20 pounder.
I from the picture you posted, I figured that the same physics covering a popup would make it possible to not have to use an antis-way hitch .... cheap OEM tires are one of my pet peeves
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:49 pm

daytime dave wrote:Great photographs. Looks like people drive just as bad in the snow there as here in the Northeast. Here, though, all the roads are usually busy. Stay safe and give Bill and Joanie my best. It's very cool you get to meet them.
Yes it was great seeing them. I'm on a tight schedule and only stayed about four hours. They have a nice place on the lake and a great shooting bench. Plus I saw a lot of her firearms. All of them are top notch. I wish we could have gotten to do some shooting but I was so tired I think I would have just embarrassed myself.

After leaving Bill and Joanie I headed due West to Rice Lake. The Henry plant was closed as expected but I stopped and took a picture.
DSCN6032.JPG
DSCN6032.JPG (3.91 MiB) Viewed 3406 times
2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:01 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:It doesn't need an anti-sway as the tongue weight is enough. Plus its a single axle. Don't know what brand/size the tires are as I'm inside it and not going out to look. :lol: Next time I'm out I will. Yes a single 20 pounder.
I from the picture you posted, I figured that the same physics covering a popup would make it possible to not have to use an antis-way hitch .... cheap OEM tires are one of my pet peeves
The trailer was built to marine specs and not RV so it is top of the line. Cary, the owner took me on a tour of the plant and I was very impressed.

He also owns several planes and the design is very aero-dynamic. He explained about hard edges and soft edges and how most teardrops lose about 200 pounds downward force at 60 mph. Then it really jumps up to about 500 pounds at 65 mph. This trailer doesn't lose much at any speed. He also explained the front end it not all that important as it is the back where the drag really comes from. In his opinion the Outback is the perfect match because of the aero-dynamics of them together. The air flowing off the Outback goes directly to the trailer and there is not much of a high pressure area between them. He talked about drafting like in NASCAR.

I'm really enjoying the furnace and sofa.
2 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:06 pm

Sir Henry wrote:I'm really enjoying the furnace and sofa.
as you should be able to do so for many years to come .... you have a very nice rig
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:27 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:I'm really enjoying the furnace and sofa.
as you should be able to do so for many years to come .... you have a very nice rig
Thanks. This is my last big hurrah.
0 x