Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2017 Thanksgiving Tavel

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

2017 Thanksgiving Tavel

Post by JEBar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:56 am

do you have any travel plans for Thanksgiving 2017 .... we are scheduled to head to Hominy Valley (just west of Asheville) in Western NC on Tuesday the 21st and to return home on Saturday the 25th .... we will be in our camper .... while there we will be visiting with my Mom in her retirement home along with other family and friends .... I just watched the national long range forecast for Thanksgiving and the say there aren't any major storms on the horizon .... do hope everyone has a great holiday
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: 2017 Thanksgiving Tavel

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:44 am

I'm cooking turkey and having 9 of the neighbors over.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:48 pm

Going to my wifes sons house in Evergreen ,Colorado. Its not far but for those who are traveling some distance I wish the a safe journey there and back. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:11 am

Just made plans yesterday. Our granddaughter talked to grandma and said she wanted to spend the holiday with us. But there was a catch, she wanted us to spend it together in Virginia Beach. She has been with us to the Beach for Thanksgiving and Christmas several times and she loves it.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Wife and I are heading out Tuesday for our daughter's in Jacksonville, FL and coming home on Sunday. Will be about a 2,000 mile round trip. Got the pickup serviced yesterday (oil change, tire rotation, etc.) so we should be good to go.

Everyone else traveling, be safe out there. Those of you not traveling, you need to still be safe out there.
0 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:59 pm

White Squirrel wrote:Wife and I are heading out Tuesday for our daughter's in Jacksonville, FL and coming home on Sunday. Will be about a 2,000 mile round trip. Got the pickup serviced yesterday (oil change, tire rotation, etc.) so we should be good to go.

Everyone else traveling, be safe out there. Those of you not traveling, you need to still be safe out there.
if you will be passing through NC, take on fuel before get in our state or after you get out .... our fuel prices are higher than that in the surrounding states
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Here is hoping all our folks who plan to travel for Thanksgiving have arrived at their destination and are settled in .... do hope everyone has a great holiday
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:04 pm

Thanksgiving with our family has come and gone, so we are once again back in our camper .... its been a good one .... tomorrow we plan to meet and eat with another set of relatives, looking forward to it ..... diesel prices have gone goofy in our area, have spotted the station with the lowest prices and plan to top off our tanks tomorrow .... that will not be a pleasant experience .. :( ..
0 x