Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

York, PA Harley factory tour...

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
weakhand luke
Tenderfoot
United States of America

York, PA Harley factory tour...

Post by weakhand luke » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:46 am

Checked one more off the bucket list.

Having already visited the H-D Museum and Engine factory in Wisconsin, I thought a trip east(from N.E. Ohio) to visit the Harley assembly plant in York, PA would be interesting and worthwhile. Easy and scenic (and tollful) drive on I76 to arrive in Mechanicsburg with plenty of time to see the Rolls Royce museum. Great collection of cars and a very knowledgeable docent with the history of the brand. Next day toured the H-D factory in York, with time in the afternoon for the Industry and Agriculture museum downtown. Dinner at the White Rose.

Next day, with more time on my hands, I was happy to visit the Antique Automoble Club in Hershey. Amazing collection that includes 3! Tuckers. Quick stop at Chocolate World for souvenirs for the ladies back home, then on to Lebanon for my souvenir, a pound of Seltzer's sweet balogna.

Turned out to be a nice winter respite. Lots to do and see in the Harrisburg area.

All the places mentioned have a really nice website with photos that are 100x better than I can take, Including the PA Pike site. Interesting history on this old hiway.
2 x

DWD445
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: York, PA Harley factory tour...

Post by DWD445 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:21 pm

I know a few people who have been there. All said it was worth it. I'm in N.E. Ohio also !!
How long did it take you one way ??
I was in Milwaukee for the 100th anniversary, made it to the Buell factory, but missed H-D.
WOW, I never seen that many bikes, made Sturgis look like a poker run :shock: :lol:
0 x
NRA - DW wheelguns - H012S - Oh CCW

weakhand luke
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by weakhand luke » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:39 pm

A friend of mine made the 100th anniversary. Said it was crazy but never regretted going.

From Akron, out I76, about 6 hours, maybe a little less.

Dave S
0 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:38 pm

When I lived in Milwaukee I hated those anniversaries. All it meant for us was a week of really noisy driving. :)

Seriously, it actually was pretty cool to see all the Harley's and to see how many people came to town for those events.
0 x