Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Baltimore

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Re: Baltimore

Post by clovishound » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:10 pm

Well, since you mentioned them:

And let's not forget these guys:

1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:37 pm

C3P0 & R2D2's distant relatives...hmmmm...guess Star Wars wasn't all that original after all....
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:19 am

I remember that hair and long scarf. I watched it a bit. That copper robot looks familiar as well.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:54 am

Well, Clovispup and I just got back last night from out trip. We had a GREAT time. It was exciting to see Sylvester McCoy, Katy Manning, and the others. Sylvester McCoy was a real hoot. He was obviously enjoying himself, and working hard to see that we had a good time as well. Katy Manning still looks amazing. She had a ton of energy and must have hugged everyone at the convention at least twice. All the Dr Who celebs seem to really appreciate the fans. One of the highlights was having a great conversation with one of the writers that has written for the newer series. He seemed to be thrilled that fans were actually interested in him and his Dr Who experiences. He wrote The Dalek, which was one of my favorite episodes of the newer series.

We spent an extra day on either end and did some of the more traditional tourist stuff. Had lots of fun.

I have a few more days before going back to work, and must pick up some reloading supplies and spend some quality time at the range with the new 1911.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:03 am

clovishound, did you or the pup take any pictures at the show. I think they'd be interesting.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:26 pm

daytime dave wrote:clovishound, did you or the pup take any pictures at the show. I think they'd be interesting.
Most of the pictures I took were during the "tourist" day before and after. We were kind of focused on the panels during the convention, and lighting was not that great for pictures. We meant to take a bunch of pictures, but somehow never got around to lugging the camera around and finding opportunities to take photos didn't happen. They did have a cosplay activity that would likely have presented some good photo opportunities, but that conflicted with a panel with a couple of celebs we really didn't want to miss.

We did get a couple of pictures withe the celebs, but right now I can't find my scanner. Also, I still haven't researched into finding a photo hosting sight that doesn't either want to be able to use my photos for their own, or links to my personal info.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:01 pm

clovishound wrote:I still haven't researched into finding a photo hosting sight that doesn't either want to be able to use my photos for their own, or links to my personal info.
You won't need one of those to post pictures here. Dave and SH are paying for enough space for us to post pictures. Simply attach a file while in the Full Editor/Preview window and select to place it in the message (inline).
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:10 am

const2.JPG
const2.JPG (233 KiB) Viewed 2234 times
Something like this?
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:43 pm

clovishound wrote: Something like this?
Just like that! Now, those are some big guns!
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Yep, I carried my full sized 1911 for the first time today. I felt like I had one of those in a holster.

For better or worse, the guns you see are made from fiberglass. This is the gun deck of the Constellation.

Got to participate in a gun drill there on the Constellation. Dragging them across the deck, I was glad they were fiberglass.
0 x