Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2021 Trip To Texas

Tell us where you are traveling to, what you might see. Tell us where you went, what you saw.
Make arrangements to meet up with members in your travels. Be sure to post lots of pictures too!
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: 2021 Trip To Texas

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:19 pm

Prices at Truck Stops are always higher. I fuel right next to a truck stop in Junction,TX on the way down. I unhooked at the RV park and went to get fuel. As I was fueling at a smaller station I happen to look at the fuel price next door at the truck stop. .50 a gallon higher.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:38 pm

10-4 on fuel prices at interstate truck stops .... our diesel discount program has really helped narrow that gap .... we usually plan our travel days to include one stop for fuel and necessities .... being close to an interstate saves us time and money .... we saved over $100 on the way from home to Texas and hope to repeat that process on our way back
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:30 am

we are looking forward to a good day, one that will be a throwback to pre-Covid times .. :D .. today we have two other couples coming over for beach burgers ... they are folks who helped us during the recent subfreezing days .... we plan to do this two more times (with other folks) before we are due to leave here on Monday .... wish we could have them all over at one time but our Traveler grill/smoker simply isn't large enough .... ;)

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... rs#p159418
2 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:41 am

yesterday's cookout really went well .... we've made some new friends who we thoroughly enjoyed visiting with .... another couple is due to come over today .... wish we could have had them all at the same time but our grill simply isn't large enough .... there is a chance for scattered showers, hopefully we will luck out
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:11 pm

in spite of a cold drizzle, our second cookout also went well .... we put our our camper's awning and enjoyed sitting around eating and chatting .... had to put the awning up wet so putting it out so it can dry will be a priority tomorrow .... our next and last scheduled cookout with folks who really helped us during the recent subfreezing temp is scheduled for Saturday afternoon .... we've been trying to schedule a tour of Bond Arms for late next week when we are in Granbury .... I'm beginning to believe that they pay lip service to offering tours but don't really have any serious desire to do so
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:41 am

we are looking forward to a good day .... the owner/mechanic of the local garage who has been great in dealing with a couple of issues with our truck is bringing his wife over after they close their garage for burgers .... they are a very nice couple who we have enjoyed getting to know .... I just went out and checked the truck .... sure hope I don't jinx it but I'm happy to report it appears to be doing fine so today's BBQ will be something of a celebration .... :D
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:32 am

another packing up day is at hand .... thankfully the weather forecast looks good .... once we get out and at it, it usually us an hour or less to take care of all but the last minute unhooking of the utilities
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:15 am

another travel morning has dawned .... while the distance to be traveled is very short, moving from one campground to another requires the same time and effort in breaking camp and then setting up at a different location ... unfortunately, the forecast has changed and if it holds true, we are going to get wet in the process .... breaking camp requires the same amount of time and effort but setting up can be done in stages .... if the forecast holds, there should be a break in the thunderstorms that will allow us to complete our setup this afternoon
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:47 pm

well, after taking 20 minutes to cover 9.9 miles, we are once again setup at Majestic Pines .... we were fortunate that no rain fell while we were breaking camp at Conroe, driving to Majestic Pines and setting up .... the temp has fallen steadily all day and from looking at the weather radar, rain is not far away ....
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:24 pm

We broke camp this am about 11 moved about 300 yards took 2 minutes to do that and we are now set up again. Same location just another sight. raining here and wind blowing has been all morning. But its ok it isnt snowing.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55