Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Wal Mart Ammo

Post good deals you have found here to share with the membership. Links are appreciated, or just tell us where to find it.
SD MEPPS
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Wal Mart Ammo

Post by SD MEPPS » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:17 pm

Just passing along recent Wal Mart ammo deals and rollback prices.

Remington Thunderbolt 22 LR $14.94 for 500 rounds. (Rollback).
Remington UMC 9mm 115 grain fmj $7.97 for 50 rounds. (Rollback).
Remington Nitro Turkey 12 gauge 2 3/4” box of ten $4.97. 20 gauge 3” is $5.97. Remington has a $3.00 per box rebate on these.
This is in Central NY State. Not sure if all Wal Marts have same prices.
2 x

ChefDuane
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Wal Mart Ammo

Post by ChefDuane » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:30 am

I've purchased the Remi Thunderbolts previously at WMart here in Dallas and it is a bargain. But man, it runs dirty! I'd like to try the new CCI red tip polymer coated 'Clean 22' round. 1235fps. I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I think it takes time to get out to shelves.
1 x
Henry Classic H001
Henry AR-7 Survival

USCG '77-'83
NRA/TxLTC

There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

SD MEPPS
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by SD MEPPS » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:59 pm

ChefDuane wrote:I've purchased the Remi Thunderbolts previously at WMart here in Dallas and it is a bargain. But man, it runs dirty! I'd like to try the new CCI red tip polymer coated 'Clean 22' round. 1235fps. I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I think it takes time to get out to shelves.
I’ve read that the Thunderbolts are dirty. I shot some recently with a friend in his new Marlin model 60. They ran through the gun fine.
I’ve never heatd of those CCIs. I’ll have to try those out.
0 x

Shawlerbrook
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Shawlerbrook » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:27 pm

Mepps, where abouts in Central NYS?

SD MEPPS wrote:Just passing along recent Wal Mart ammo deals and rollback prices.

Remington Nitro Turkey 12 gauge 2 3/4” box of ten $4.97. 20 gauge 3” is $5.97. Remington has a $3.00 per box rebate on these.
0 x

SD MEPPS
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by SD MEPPS » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:41 pm

Shawlerbrook wrote:Mepps, where abouts in Central NYS?

SD MEPPS wrote:Just passing along recent Wal Mart ammo deals and rollback prices.

Utica area. Ive purchased some so far in the Rome, New Hartford and Utica store. Utica store didn’t have 9 mm though.
1 x

Shawlerbrook
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Shawlerbrook » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:32 am

Thanks ! Does the New Hartford store have the Thunderbolts and the Nitro Turkey ? And are these prices with the rebates ?
0 x

SD MEPPS
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by SD MEPPS » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:34 pm

Shawlerbrook wrote:Thanks ! Does the New Hartford store have the Thunderbolts and the Nitro Turkey ? And are these prices with the rebates ?
The New Hartford store sells the Thunderbolts and the Nitro Turkey. I was there today but I’m not sure if they had the Thunderbolts in stock. The way the cabinet is arranged Wal Mart puts that big sticker about age restrictions right where the 22 ammo is. Top left. If they have Thunderbolts they will be behind that sticker. Last night Utica store had Thunderbolts as they are readily visible. There was a couple Nitro Turkeys in New Hartford but Utica had more. The Thunderbolts dont have a rebate they are just on rollback to 14.84 I believe and have been for a while. The Nitro Turkey is selling at regular price of 4.97 and 5.97. Then you have to send in for the 3.00 per box rebate. I also noticed today the 9mm UMC is no longer listed as rollback price but upon scanning them they are still selling for under 8 bucks a box on rollback.
1 x

SD MEPPS
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by SD MEPPS » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:07 pm

I figured I'd give a little update on some more Wal Mart ammo. I stopped in to the Rome, NY store and noticed a roll of yellow clearance stickers laying on the counter in sporting goods. I asked the employee if he minded if I looked them over. He said no problem. It was all clearance ammo price tags. First thing that caught my eye was Federal 30-30 170 grain for 11.00 bucks a box. Regular 15 something a box. Then I saw Remington UMC 9mm 115 grain FMJ for 35.00. I said to myself that has to be the box of 250 which regularly sells for about 46.00. Sure enough it was. So I left the store with a box of the 9mm and one box of the Federal 30-30. I think they only had one box of the 30-30. I should have asked him to scan the box to see if they had more, but oh well. They had two more boxes of the Remington 9mm in stock.
I asked the clerk if these clearance prices were just for his store and he said he believed so, but wasn't sure.
0 x

csgrv
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by csgrv » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:15 am

Must be just for your store.....my store here in Idaho was at regular prices......I checked just in case.

Lately the local Sportsmans has been beating the Walmart prices by about a dollar a box on almost everything, I suspect it is because they order a lot more ammo to put on the shelf.
0 x
Long Ranger .308
H001Y .22lr
H003T .22lr
Whitworth .270
1991A1 .45
J-Frame .38
S&W .32 Hand Ejector

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:31 pm

Our Walmart stores have such rude sales staff, management, and customers (about half,) we just don't go thru those doors anymore. Amazon or other online retailers can supply what we need. Things like guns or ammo? Bass Pro, Cabela's, or one of the local gun shops. Bass Pro will ship ammo, and bulk orders will make shipping free, or nearly so.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.