Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

CCI mini mags

Post good deals you have found here to share with the membership. Links are appreciated, or just tell us where to find it.
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: CCI mini mags

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:20 pm

Has been and Always will be my go to 22lr. Target Sports is a good place and so is sgammo.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:38 pm

markiver54 wrote:
PT7 wrote:Yes, 6 cents/round of .22LR is a very good price, Mark. I'd try those 200 rounds (sight-in, practice, etc.) to see how your SGC performs.

Over the years I've had my SGC in .22LR, it cycles (chambers/ejects) a variety of ammo brands with no problems. And I have a large number of manufacturer brands in my .22LR stash. If you're not okay with the CCI mini mags, I'd try another 150-200 rounds of a different brand. Wouldn't be overly concerned about the price for that few number of boxes. The goal is to find a bullet that performs well in the rifle, which you shoot well, and that will provide the ammo for your planned targets. In your one thread you said that would "...probably be squirrels, coons and possums. Don't see why it wouldn't be a good can slayer as well..." After you settle in on best ammo, you might then look more toward purchase of a brick or two, as long as you and your SGC are both very happy campers with the ammo.

Mostly, I look forward to your Range Reports and how you like the SGC. For me (like a broken record), it's a great Henry! :D
PT7
Thanks PT...It's driving me crazy now, living in city limits that the only affordable range in town is only 25 yrds. Weather is improving though, so might be able to get to the cabin soon when I can let her rip!! :D
You're right though, variety, lots of rounds and find a compatible relationship between rifle and ammo.. :)
Sights have me a bit concerned though.... ;)
For the majority of SGC owners I know, and also from much that I've read, the stock receiver-mounted Skinner peep is a real plus in getting an SGC. If it weren't for that specific configuration, I would most likely not have a Henry .22LR. The closeness of the iron peep to my eye, plus the longer sight radius are great helps for me to shoot well...and that's in spite of my elder eye challenges.

:roll: What is the concern you face?

PT7
0 x

~Пока~

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:49 pm

PT7 wrote:
markiver54 wrote:
PT7 wrote:Yes, 6 cents/round of .22LR is a very good price, Mark. I'd try those 200 rounds (sight-in, practice, etc.) to see how your SGC performs.

Over the years I've had my SGC in .22LR, it cycles (chambers/ejects) a variety of ammo brands with no problems. And I have a large number of manufacturer brands in my .22LR stash. If you're not okay with the CCI mini mags, I'd try another 150-200 rounds of a different brand. Wouldn't be overly concerned about the price for that few number of boxes. The goal is to find a bullet that performs well in the rifle, which you shoot well, and that will provide the ammo for your planned targets. In your one thread you said that would "...probably be squirrels, coons and possums. Don't see why it wouldn't be a good can slayer as well..." After you settle in on best ammo, you might then look more toward purchase of a brick or two, as long as you and your SGC are both very happy campers with the ammo.

Mostly, I look forward to your Range Reports and how you like the SGC. For me (like a broken record), it's a great Henry! :D
PT7
Thanks PT...It's driving me crazy now, living in city limits that the only affordable range in town is only 25 yrds. Weather is improving though, so might be able to get to the cabin soon when I can let her rip!! :D
You're right though, variety, lots of rounds and find a compatible relationship between rifle and ammo.. :)
Sights have me a bit concerned though.... ;)
For the majority of SGC owners I know, and also from much that I've read, the stock receiver-mounted Skinner peep is a real plus in getting an SGC. If it weren't for that specific configuration, I would most likely not have a Henry .22LR. The closeness of the iron peep to my eye, plus the longer sight radius are great helps for me to shoot well...and that's in spite of my elder eye challenges.

:roll: What is the concern you face?

PT7
Although my pic may not show it clearly, the dovetail on the front of the flat on the octagon top is off center noticeably.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:31 pm

markiver54 wrote:Although my pic may not show it clearly, the dovetail on the front of the flat on the octagon top is off center noticeably.
Understood as I found the front dovetail picture in your other post.
Let us know how it all comes together....PT7
1 x

~Пока~

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:35 pm

I just ordered 20 boxes of Mini Mag 36gr HP at $6.99 at Brownells. Any order over $100 TODAY Mar 25 ONLY gets free shipping. Add the CCI rebate ($28 back on 20 boxes) which expires mar 31 and that is a great deal.

https://www.brownells.com/ammunition/ri ... ign=Itwine

I love me some Mini Mags! Happy plinking.

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:41 pm

When I sent my SGC in to Henry for warranty work, one of their questions was what ammo were you shooting? My answer was CCI Mini Mags 36gr. I had found them at my LGS for $5.99 per 100 rnds. Wish I had bought a lot more. It was a sale price. That was about a month ago where I purchased my rifle which is about 1+1/2 hour away near our summer cabin. Might be worth a ride back up this week if the price remains!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry