Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

DEAL GONE Wheeler scope mounting kit, best gun vise, and wheeler professional leveling kit

Post good deals you have found here to share with the membership. Links are appreciated, or just tell us where to find it.
Pawn
Tenderfoot
United States of America

DEAL GONE Wheeler scope mounting kit, best gun vise, and wheeler professional leveling kit

Post by Pawn » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:39 am

These items are apparently being sold off of Amazon through a 3rd party vendor for

44$ for the wheeler engineering combo scope mounting kit
44$ for the tipton best gun vise
24$ for the wheeler leveling system

The best I'd been able to find were about 40-40$ more for the scope kit, 20-30$ more for the vise, and 20$ more for the leveling system

Reviews were good the the vendor as well. I'll update this when I receive the items (I did not buy the leveling system, but did buy the other two)
Last edited by Pawn on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Wheel scope mounting kit, best gun vise, and wheeler professional mounting kit

Post by Henry88 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:10 pm

Those all look like sweet deals, Pawn,

I'm a little intrigued about the last item, the leveling system. How do you orient the barrel clamp level so that it's inline with the receiver, etc?

I have the weaver which was a little less expensive but built A LOT cheaper, and that requires you find a flat spot on the receiver, which is always doable.

Looking at the Wheeler, I wonder how that works...............
0 x

Pawn
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Wheel scope mounting kit, best gun vise, and wheeler professional leveling kit

Post by Pawn » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:24 pm

Not sure, that's the one item I did not buy - yet. I'd not be surprised if there were videos out there on how to use it.

But I'll report back when I get the other two items as their prices are so good it makes me a little uneasy.

If things go well with the purchase, I'll at least be able to reassure people who might be in the market.
0 x

Pawn
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Wheel scope mounting kit, best gun vise, and wheeler professional leveling kit

Post by Pawn » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:33 pm

This video shows how to use the "professional" leveling kit

http://bestgunvise.com/2017/02/rifle-sc ... -gun-vise/
0 x

Pawn
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Pawn » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:41 pm

Looks like the party is over- the prices jumped back up.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:05 pm

I'm glad that the prices went back up .... I was was sitting here debating placing an order .... on the one hand, I'd really like to have their scope mounting system .... on the other hand, I've been mounting scopes for well over 50 years and the bullets seem to hit where the cross hairs are pointed .... in addition, I have no reason to believe I'll be mounting very many more scopes .... having them go back up just saved me some money .. ;)
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:32 pm

I don't mount scopes, my dealer mounts and boresights them for me, but I do have that "best vise" and love it for both rifles and larger handguns. It's great for cleaning, maintenance, and was really handy when I installed the skinner sights on my Big Boy Carbine.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Pawn
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: DEAL GONE Wheeler scope mounting kit, best gun vise, and wheeler professional leveling kit

Post by Pawn » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:50 am

FYI - my order was cancelled. Don't ever buy anything from P.U. Products. Was a waste of my time.
0 x