Tell us and show us your small or large farm skills
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: The Tractor Battery

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:32 pm

Grunt67 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:01 pm
Marine, you need to put that battery in a display case. I never get more than 5 yrs. out of a battery of any kind. Maybe I'm not holding my mouth right, LOL.
Yeah, I would have, but the new battery was $128 with the core turn in. ;)
Would have been an additional charge if we had kept the old one for some reason.
Accompanying building inspectors for the county years ago, I lost count of the times we cited homeowners for rows of old automotive batteries and containers of used motor oil and other fluids lined up behind the garages along the back walls. :D
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:54 am

I feel fortunate it lasted 7 yrs. The warranty was 30 day free replacement, 2 year prorated after that. The replacement was about $65, 1/3 of what I've paid for quality automotive batteries. I bought a maintainer that arrived from Amazon yesterday. I'll be installing it soon.
markiver54 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:23 pm
Mags wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:02 pm
I replaced the 'lawn and garden tractor' battery yesterday that was in my generator. 7 yr old battery.
Even that is a long lasting battery. Usually my bike or 4-wheeler batteries only last 2 to 5 years.
And those little ones cost almost as much as a full size. They are all on maintainers now though.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:30 pm

I kept my 11 1/2 year battery for a conversational piece, lol.

I just used another one I had around here for a core.

I collect as many as I can. Came home with $30 the last time at the recycling center, but soon after I learned that I could have got $80. I believe the market has since dropped way down though. I haven't checked in a while.
0 x
NRA Member