Tnlawntractors.jpg
Tnlawntractors.jpg (436.38 KiB) Viewed 3666 times
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Mowing

Post by Mags » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:27 pm

tx gunrunner wrote:Here my 2 mowers in Tn on my farm .
yep very close setup pair to mine. both mine JD green/yellow and my pto deck mower is 5ft and the riding mower deck is 4ft.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:33 pm

Looks like a job. But, it seems like you are getting it done.
Last edited by GFK on Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:09 am

Mags wrote:
BigAl52 wrote:Nice pics Mags. reminds me of Washington where I was raised. I miss the PNW but there is just to many people up there for this old man anymore.
We're feeling the people pressure here. 23 years ago when we got this piece of property it was reasonably remote. Great place to have finished raising our kids. They've all grown and moved on for a while now. The urban growth boundary was recently expanded to about 1/2 mile from here. Will probably take quite a few years to fill it up. As they get close, the UGB will get expanded again and over run us. It's sad to see all the farm land and orchards getting built over. Likely noticed in a few of my other posts that in the meantime we've casually started looking at properties elsewhere. That adds to the urge to finish up remodeling projects and down size our junk. I sometimes get close to tears thinking of leaving here, though. :cry:
I'm in the urban growth boundary but luckily in an area that's unlikely to be developed anytime soon, also I'm on a dead end road with only 2 other houses and a orchard past me so not a lot of traffic. I'm also close to town, although I wish I was further out it is convenient be so close. We also had a lot of orchard land actually inside the city limits but that's all gone now, still a lot of orchard land but further out now.

Can't imagine living over in the Seattle, I 5 corridor area. I used to go over there a lot when I was younger and my brother lived over there. Traffic was bad back then, now I hear it is one of the most congested areas in the country. Around here there really no place in town that is more than a 20 minute drive away.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:03 pm

dave77 wrote:... I'm in the urban growth boundary but luckily in an area that's unlikely to be developed anytime soon, also I'm on a dead end road with only 2 other houses and a orchard past me so not a lot of traffic. I'm also close to town, although I wish I was further out it is convenient be so close. We also had a lot of orchard land actually inside the city limits but that's all gone now, still a lot of orchard land but further out now.

Can't imagine living over in the Seattle, I 5 corridor area. I used to go over there a lot when I was younger and my brother lived over there. Traffic was bad back then, now I hear it is one of the most congested areas in the country. Around here there really no place in town that is more than a 20 minute drive away.
Similar here. Although outside the the current UGB, we have gotten notice that 10-15 years out we likely will be inside. The city has a long ways to go with in-fill of the recent addition before then. Also on a dead end private road, well off the main road, but can hear distant traffic from it. 3 properties off our road. Separate orchard properties front the main road either side of the entry part of the private road. Reasonably close to nearest grocery and hardware store 4-5 miles. 25 minutes to my LGS.

I've been fully through Seattle twice. Once on the way back from Lake Chelan via Leavenworth and the 2nd after leaving a football game (son played for Boise State against Washington). I-5 was a parking lot for hours getting through both times.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:44 pm

A good day is riding on your property cutting grass and drinking beer.

I have use of this Toro thing, reminds me of that Mr Toad ride in disneyland.

I don't like it, cause I have to keep my hands on the sticks and can't drink beer = No Fun.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:00 pm

Henry88 wrote:A good day is riding on your property cutting grass and drinking beer.
I have use of this Toro thing, reminds me of that Mr Toad ride in disneyland.
I don't like it, cause I have to keep my hands on the sticks and can't drink beer = No Fun.
Hear ya, but then I don't drink bear while mowing. I might run over one or more of the tree seedlings and the forestry people would frown on that, being a county zoned designated forest property.
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:01 pm

Those pesky rules again.................... :D
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Henry88 wrote:Those pesky rules again.................... :D
That one I don't mind so much, having a mild bent toward being a tree huger (reasonable and practical one). Makes for an interesting obstacle course for mowing patterns.
0 x