Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: John Deere 4300

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat May 18, 2019 11:47 am

JEBar wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:16 am
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:56 am
The advice I kept getting... You don't have a long term continuous need, hire out the job, or rent. I keep hearing Tim Taylor in my mind.

"Oh Oh Oh... More Power."

back when I bought that tractor it was a "want to" that I was able to easily move into the "need to" column.... in the first place I've never had a need for one at home but back then I was running a hunting club that had just under a thousand acres under contract .... bushhogging, tilling, planting, and dragging logs were ongoing needs .... I kept the tractor, mower deck and bucket but let all of the other attachments go many years ago .... its now parked over at one of our son's place .... earlier this week he used it to dig three foot deep, collectively 50 yard long series of drainage ditches to run pipe needed to carry water away from their home .... the accomplished the task in 2 days where he wouldn't have even started it without the tractor .... as to cost effectiveness, in my mind, ours has paid for itself many times over but with no real need for one at home, I wouldn't buy another today .... that said, over the years I've bought many different things by "want" motivation and can't think of any I now regret ....

We have a small tractor, but no bucket, and have needed one several times over the years. We had a bush hog for the lower pasture, but when we got rid of the last of the horses, we let the pasture grow over, since we got tired of folks stopping in or calling and asking to put horses, cows, sheep, llamas, alpacas, etc in the dang thing. :lol: We do have a finish mower, blade, rake, etc.

I was looking to go up a couple steps in size and HP, add the bucket, since we are getting older. :lol:
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat May 18, 2019 12:18 pm

makes sense to me .... hope you find one that will meet your needs
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat May 18, 2019 12:42 pm

Mine is a similar sized, but older model 955 with a 70A loader with rear duallys.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234