Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

You might be a Redneck if!

Tell us and show us your small or large farm skills
CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: You might be a Redneck if!

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:44 pm

Sir Henry wrote:I'm not a redneck. I'm a hippy.
Me, too... but now I'm an old hippy with cowboy guns. ;)
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:06 pm

while I have mellowed a tad over the years, there is no doubt about it, I'm an out and out southern redneck .... :D
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:33 pm

I love those things, but twenty one surgeries and camping don't mix. I have trouble sleeping at HOME on a high end mattress. ;)
We talked about getting an RV at one time, but I suspected that after the first year, it would spend most of it's time parked in the barn.

I ran into a friend a few years ago, and he told me that he wished he had followed the advice of most of HIS RV'ing friends and not BOUGHT without renting first. They went to an RV show and he ordered a really nice high end fifth wheel with the fancy push out extension so he and his wife could travel and see the United States after he retired. For the first year, they took about a trip a month, five days or more each and one long two week trip. They visited everyone and saw some places they had on the bucket list. HE really enjoyed it, and he thought she did.

The season ended and he parked it for the winter. The following spring he pulled it out of the Custom Quonset Hut Style Storage he had built, and she began making excuses why they couldn't go "right now." After six weeks of excuses he put the RV up for sale and took a big loss, but it was gone. He parked tractors, the bass boat, and other equipment in the Quonset Hut Shelter... so that wasn't a total loss. 8-)

She whined about selling the RV for five years, every time she thought it. :evil: Not that the RV was gone, just the money lost on the sale. :P
Smart man that he was, he said he just grinned in his coffee with his back to her.. and said, "Yes Dear." :lol:
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:42 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:I ran into a friend a few years ago, and he told me that he wished he had followed the advice of most of HIS RV'ing friends and not BOUGHT without renting first.
that's good advice because like most things, it ain't for everybody .... we are on the opposite end of the spectrum .... since '02 we have taken ours to all of the lower 48 states and had a ball .... its pretty much normal for us to spend 6 or more months a year in ours .... we just returned from spending the winter in Texas and are due to pull out in less than 2 weeks to spend much of the summer in South Dakota .... the US has so many great places to visit that we have no desire to go beyond the borders
1 x

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:38 pm

Mine is back on the truck for a while.

I don't really consider these campers RV's. They are not sold by RV places nor are they marketed to the same people. Mine was a trade in on a motor home at a huge RV place in FL. They had no idea what it was or what to do with it. Most dealers are 4x4 shops. This brand is made for off-roading. Constructed of welded aluminum instead of stapled 1x3's. Vary sparten compared to most RV's. Mainly just a truck cap with a pop up ceiling and a furnace and bed. Resale value is high for these. These are for the crowd that shuns campgrounds and RV parks.

I've gotten good use from this one. Mama Squatch likes it for our annual beach trip. I use it year round for quick overnighters and club trips. Last fall I did 5 straight weeks of running mid week to a local state park for a quick one nighter. I have 2 week long trips coming up in the next few months so far.
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:55 pm

That's really nice, would be a great place to catch a nap after a fishing trip before a long drive home, change out of wet clothes, or arrive early and sleep til time to rig up and hit the water!
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:33 am

Those were all the rage when I was a youth. They were the models that would not be good for 4x4ing. The welded aluminum should last forever.

It's a great addition to the truck.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member