Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Amazing Farm Machinery

Tell us and show us your small or large farm skills
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Amazing Farm Machinery

Post by JEBar » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:47 am

I happily admit to being fascinated by remarkable machines .... this video shows some I had no idea exist .... based on our John Deere 4300 tractor, the design of most of the equipment shown is beyond my comprehension

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5PTKHRw2FQ
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Amazing Farm Machinery

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 am

Talk about keeping it in the center lanes!
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

rugrat
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rugrat » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:58 am

Interesting machines/equipment! Thanks for sharing that video!
0 x

EasyEd
Cowhand
Canada

Post by EasyEd » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:06 pm

Hey All,

I totally get all the work that has gone into weeding machines. Anyone who has weeded large gardens gets it too.

I have to admit some of the most enjoyable research I did was using propane flamers for a variety of purposes. I had access to burners ranging from a couple hundred thousand btu per hour to 2.25 million btu an hour. Holding a couple million btu an hour torch in your hand was so fun like hanging onto a jet engine. By comparison propane torches from a hardware store are usually less than to a bit more than 100,000 btu an hour. All the equipment I used was of course liquid phase not gas phase propane. I had a tractor with a big tank and multiburners usually about 400,000 btu an hour each. Didn't start any big fires thankfully.

-Ed-
0 x

rugrat
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rugrat » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:19 pm

EasyEd wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:06 pm
Hey All,

I totally get all the work that has gone into weeding machines. Anyone who has weeded large gardens gets it too.

I have to admit some of the most enjoyable research I did was using propane flamers for a variety of purposes. I had access to burners ranging from a couple hundred thousand btu per hour to 2.25 million btu an hour. Holding a couple million btu an hour torch in your hand was so fun like hanging onto a jet engine. By comparison propane torches from a hardware store are usually less than to a bit more than 100,000 btu an hour. All the equipment I used was of course liquid phase not gas phase propane. I had a tractor with a big tank and multiburners usually about 400,000 btu an hour each. Didn't start any big fires thankfully.

-Ed-
In my highschool days many years ago working for a farmer after school or during summer break, I spent many of days using a propane flamer wand burning rice and soybean stuble in the fields after the crops were harvested.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:21 pm

I figured the flames were for killing weeds .... what amazed me was how close they came to whatever crop was coming up without burning it as well
0 x