Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Third time is a charm

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Third time is a charm

Post by leverjc » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:25 pm

I contacted Tia at Henry last Thursday and explained that it had been 7 weeks since they had received my BBS. She returned my Email the same day saying that they would have it out to me the next day. They shipped it Friday and I received it Monday morning. This is the third barrel that has been on it counting the original. This time there was a note saying they had inspected and installed the barrel then shot the rifle for accuracy. (half inch group at 25yds) My rifle came back with something was not expecting a great little peep sight. I really like this sight and it is to bad I have to put my Williams BP back on it for Lever Silhouette. I am not sure hew makes it but it looks like it could be a Skinner.

Monday was a banner day for me as it is the first time I could bend my knee after having the tendons from my quad reattached to my knee 5 weeks ago. That meant I could drive myself to the range like a big boy and shoot my rifle. The sit-down benches were not available at 25yd range so I used the bench that is about four feet off the ground and shot some groups standing though bent over. (should have taken my tripod) My groups were not as good as Henry's but it was not the rifles fault. I managed some 1" groups with several loads and some decent groups with some called flyers with everything I shot.

I am glad I can now read how great someone elses Henry shoots with out getting grumpy.
20200922_124121.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
8 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Third time is a charm

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:14 pm

good to hear that you are on the mend.... and your Henry appears to be entirely recovered .... looking forward to your continued reports
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:45 pm

Pretty neat of Henry to put the peep on your rifle. Nice touch. Also glad to hear it's shooting like it should. That makes for a good day, not to mention your knee feeling better.
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:21 pm

Glad to here Henry got your rifle in top shape! Why do you have to put the other sight back on? That one is really nice.
0 x

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:46 pm

The Williams sight is faster to adjust from 50 to 100 meters when shooting matches the time to adjust your sights are limited. It is a fast sight.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:56 pm

Glad you got it back and it works as it should. This Saturday will be 5 weeks for me sending in a claim on the Single shot. Im leaving town for a week so when I get back I will be getting a hold of them to see when it might be my turn.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:21 pm

Glad it has finally gotten straightened out, JC.
Now get out and enjoy.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012