Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

BBS coming back again

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

BBS coming back again

Post by leverjc » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:40 pm

I contacted Tia Randolph at Henry yesterday and asked when I was going to have my rifle sent back as they had had it for over 7 weeks.
this will be the third barrel that has been on it and I was starting to lose patience with Henry. She emailed me back that it would ship the next day. The long wait had something to do with raw material shortage. The notification of shipment came about an hour ago so I should be getting it Monday or Tuesday. Really looking forward to working up some loads and shooting it.
1 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: BBS coming back again

Post by fortyshooter » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:07 pm

Was there a visible defect in the last two barrels? You would think that the repair tech would scope the new barrel from end to end to make sure it was good before installing it on your rifle. Hope the 3rd time is the charm!
0 x

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: BBS coming back again

Post by leverjc » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:07 pm

Yes Forty there were physical defects in both bores. The original had chatter all through the bore, one groove had very rough chatter from chamber to muzzle. It would shoot well for the first 10 rounds or so then the accuracy would quickly diminish. The replacement barrel looked good tell the last inch or so then I don't know what went wrong but something went wrong with the machining and the twist got a little tighter and the bore got smaller. I there were pics of both of them on this forum. That one didn't shoot at all. the best I could get is 4 to 5 inch groups at fifty yards.

I am hoping third times a charm also, thanks.
1 x