Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Questions on a new henry

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Questions on a new henry

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:48 pm

I'd love to see a picture of the rifle with that knobbed lever screw. How do you like it?
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:16 pm

good to hear the Hollow Ground screwdriver took care of it .... looking forward to hearing how you like the one with the knob
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:33 pm

Good. I'd suggest painting a thin white stripe or dot on the edge of that knob so you'll know at a glance if it's backing out any.
3 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

james89
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by james89 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:37 pm

CT_Shooter wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:48 pm
I'd love to see a picture of the rifle with that knobbed lever screw. How do you like it?
So far I like that I can get the lever off with 0 tools, Im liking it so far. It has a great fit and a rubber o ring to stop the bottom of the screen head from hitting the brass. I was worried right after I ordered it that it would stand up and feel in the way but it's low profile and invisible when I'm handing the gun. I'm thinking range tomorrow 🤠
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
He's undomesticated and that's fact. However he is polite, well read, and won't xxxx on your floor.

james89
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by james89 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:39 pm

GunnyGene wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:33 pm
Good. I'd suggest painting a thin white stripe or dot on the edge of that knob so you'll know at a glance if it's backing out any.
That's a great idea, so far I'm not worried though, I got my gun togather after a clean got a leather lever wrap on it and cycles some dummy rounds and its still tight as a left it :) but it's best not to leave it to chance and luck
0 x
He's undomesticated and that's fact. However he is polite, well read, and won't xxxx on your floor.

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:25 pm

I like the idea of the thumb screw. I am wondering if it will hang up on something.
0 x

james89
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by james89 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:51 pm

Ernie wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:25 pm
I like the idea of the thumb screw. I am wondering if it will hang up on something.
It's very low profile. I will admit however that I cought the sinew on the lever wrap I was installing after cleaning on it, no issues. Just some slack outta control, it had me laughing a bit still.
0 x

james89
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by james89 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:09 pm

So the take down knob was invisible on the 3030 at the range,and after 40 rounds the screw held firm, no movement. It's probably not saving the world's most time but I'm getting one for my marlin 1895 ( which has more options for some reasons ) I had a dummy round get stuck once and had to remove the lever to get it out. I'm pretty pleased with it.
1 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:49 pm

An Allen head type shoulder bolt would be a better choice for a screw placement like that The Allen wrench would have less chance to slip. However to keep the rifle looking like vintage times they use slot headed screws.
I just snug up my screw and not try to really tighten it down.
1 x

james89
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by james89 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:17 pm

fortyshooter wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:49 pm
An Allen head type shoulder bolt would be a better choice for a screw placement like that The Allen wrench would have less chance to slip. However to keep the rifle looking like vintage times they use slot headed screws.
I just snug up my screw and not try to really tighten it down.
I hear you there, that original screw was to tight, it shouldn't come apart but it does have to come back off lol
0 x