Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry X rifles -LOP

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
ironbrew
Tenderfoot
Canada

Re: Henry X rifles -LOP

Post by ironbrew » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:20 pm

See... That's another one of my ongoing questions. In Canada, suppressors are totally illegal. Given that I already have tinnitus, I've been looking at linear compensators as a way to reduce blast to below hearing damage level when wearing hearing protection. Thank you for posting that. One day I'll have to see if there is a comparison in "heard" dB at the shooter location between brands. I definitely want to reduce as much as possible.
1 x

ironbrew
Tenderfoot
Canada

Post by ironbrew » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:19 am

Getting ready to do the cut. But had a thought. Does anybody sell affordable stocks so I can leave the factory one alone? Boyd's doesn't seem to...
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:24 pm

ironbrew wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:19 am
Getting ready to do the cut. But had a thought. Does anybody sell affordable stocks so I can leave the factory one alone? Boyd's doesn't seem to...
Give Henry a call. They should be able to help.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

ironbrew
Tenderfoot
Canada

Post by ironbrew » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:45 pm

I have an email into Henry to see if the H010AW will fit the H010X action. I believe it will, but would like some confirmation. If so, I have my stock to modify ready to order... But believe it or not, I wasn't exactly comforted by the attitude of the previous contact I'd had with Henry. Basically "it's 14" LOP. Live with it". Tough when you are short AND live in an area where it does get cold and have bears.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:19 pm

ironbrew wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:45 pm
...believe it or not, I wasn't exactly comforted by the attitude of the previous contact I'd had with Henry. Basically "it's 14" LOP. Live with it".
I hope you get better service this time.

In my opinion, if that's a direct quote from the email, I'd say it's terse, a bit rude, and certainly not helpful. I'd be inclined to forward it to Anthony with a friendly note expressing my disappointment.

Anthony Imperato, President
Anthony@Henryusa.com
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

ironbrew
Tenderfoot
Canada

Post by ironbrew » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:07 pm

It's my translation of what was said by Anthony. I was told most customers want longer LOP than 14, and their rifles are 14" LOP. Henry doesn't recommend shortening.

What I got out of that is if you are a shorter shooter, or female, or youth, forget about Henry.

Which sucks. I came to Henry as a customer specifically for the higher quality and the extremely good reputation for customer service. I'm trying another avenue by seeing if the all weather stock will fit and allow me to do what I want. If I go by the measurements as recommended on youtube (trigger finger at 90, measured to the inside of the elbow) I come up with 12". I'm ex military. I had no issues with a standard issue FN SLR C1 rifle, but c'mon. 14" is well over standard "average" LOP, and to make no adjustment for people to shorten so they can make the rifle fit better?

One way or another, this rifle will be shortened. I just have to decide if it will be the factory plastic, or a different stock. I'd like the AW as it is wood and therefore easier (for me) to adjust.

Or am I being unreasonable by wanting my carbine to be extremely fast handling for grizzly country?
0 x

Ranui
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Ranui » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:34 pm

HI Ironbrew, have you ever shortened a Henry Survival rifle? Wondering about the plastic/steel barrel?
0 x