Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

UPDATE on the .44 Mag BBS Carbine barrel length story....

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

UPDATE on the .44 Mag BBS Carbine barrel length story....

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:43 am

This morning I sent a email to the man himself...Anthony Imperato about the different barrel length on the .44 BBS Carbines. The full story and pics in the Henry Centerfire forum.

The answer I got was ...." I am stumped and didn't know that and would ask Engineering "

Next reply was...It appears that ONLY the round barreled .44 Carbines got the longer 17.5 barrel and the octagonal barreled .44 got the 16.5 barrel and
as to why he doesn't know! Maybe he might do some digging and find out the reason one day.

Anyway I did ask if I could send mine in for a octagonal 16.5 barrel swap and he replied that due to fixturing issues it couldn't be done in the plant.

But right after my first email about the issue I had another email from Henry that I had a free hat, coffee mug and key chain on it's way! :D

How many other firearm companies or any company can you talk directly with the head of the company and get immediate replies back!

So the real reason for this barrel oddity is still hidden in the depths of Engineering but I will sit back with my Henry hat on with nice Henry mug of coffee looking at my great pair of Henry Carbines and think was I the first one to notice the barrel length differences after 5 yrs. of production? Maybe!
5 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: UPDATE on the .44 Mag BBS Carbine barrel length story....

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:58 am

Good deal Forty. I have made that same comment myself about talking to the owner of the company. No where I have I ever been able to do that except at Henry.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:44 am

fortyshooter wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:43 am
This morning I sent a email to the man himself...Anthony Imperato about the different barrel length on the .44 BBS Carbines. The full story and pics in the Henry Centerfire forum.

The answer I got was ...." I am stumped and didn't know that and would ask Engineering "

Next reply was...It appears that ONLY the round barreled .44 Carbines got the longer 17.5 barrel and the octagonal barreled .44 got the 16.5 barrel and
as to why he doesn't know! Maybe he might do some digging and find out the reason one day.

Anyway I did ask if I could send mine in for a octagonal 16.5 barrel swap and he replied that due to fixturing issues it couldn't be done in the plant.

But right after my first email about the issue I had another email from Henry that I had a free hat, coffee mug and key chain on it's way! :D

How many other firearm companies or any company can you talk directly with the head of the company and get immediate replies back!

So the real reason for this barrel oddity is still hidden in the depths of Engineering but I will sit back with my Henry hat on with nice Henry mug of coffee looking at my great pair of Henry Carbines and think was I the first one to notice the barrel length differences after 5 yrs. of production? Maybe!
Well first, congrats on the freebies. I'm jealous. Second, did you mean the Centerfire subforum here, or one on the Henry site, because I've never noticed a forum on the Henry company site?

Also, this means you could chop 1.5" off the barrel and still be legal as far as ATF is concerned. ;) :mrgreen:
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Paratus
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Paratus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:35 am

Man I would have been second in line for that barrel switch out!!!

Good for you on the hat, mug, and keychain.
0 x