Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

In Praise of Henry USA Customer Service

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
runnin n gunnin
Cattle Driver
United States of America

In Praise of Henry USA Customer Service

Post by runnin n gunnin » Thu May 28, 2020 11:31 am

We have all heard stories, mostly good, regarding Henry's customer service.

I have never had to contact customer service for any of my Henry's, but had the need a couple of weeks ago.

I have a Henry AR-7 survival rifle. I pack it in my jeep when we are off roading so I always have something with me. A couple of weeks ago I opened my safe and my grandson looked inside and asked what that rifle stock was. I brought out the AR-7 and was going to put it together to show him when I discovered the take down bolt that secures the receiver to the stock was missing. Looked int he jeep, etc and could not find it.

I went online to Henry USA to see if I could order the bolt. Nothing on the site. So I sent an email to customer service asking if I could purchase a replacement bolt from Henry, or if the knew of an authorized vendor to get the part from.

I received a response the next day stating that they were sending me the part and it was on them. I thanked them but said I was not looking for a freebee and was happy to pay for it, or at least the shipping. They said No, it was on them, just be patient because of the COVID thing shipping was slow.

Well, low and behold I received a large box yesterday, and inside was the take down bolt was inside, attached to a brand new stock ! WOW ! My old stock was used and abused so it was a welcome present.

My point, Henry takes their name, reputation, and customer service seriously, something other comanies could take note of.
6 x
I stand for the flag, and kneel for my fallen brothers.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: In Praise of Henry USA Customer Service

Post by JEBar » Thu May 28, 2020 11:38 am

no surprise whatsoever but always good to hear 8-)
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Thu May 28, 2020 11:57 am

Wow that was mighty nice of Henry! I have an AR-7 from back in mid 70's made by Charter Arms I think??
Anyway I some how lost track of the stock but have the rest of it. Only magazine it would work with was the factory one as none of the extended round mags would work.
0 x

runnin n gunnin
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by runnin n gunnin » Thu May 28, 2020 4:08 pm

Charter Arms is still making the AR-7, saw one in a gun store yesterday. Check out AR-7.com, they have the glossy Charter Arms Stock.
0 x
I stand for the flag, and kneel for my fallen brothers.

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:03 pm

Yup its one of the reasons I own 14 Henrys. They just do it right.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55