Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry Pride Store Reopening?

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Ozziemick
Tenderfoot
Australia

Henry Pride Store Reopening?

Post by Ozziemick » Wed May 13, 2020 3:53 am

Would anyone know when the Henry Pride Store might reopen? I’m in Australia and want to import a couple of the leather buttstock covers, but every time I check the Henry USA sight it says the Pride store is still closed due to Covid.
Or are there any other sites that I might be able to order through.?
Cheers.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Henry Pride Store Reopening?

Post by BigAl52 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:01 am

Have you tried emailing them to ask them that or if they would do that for you even though they are closed
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Wed May 13, 2020 8:30 am

They can't open up until the Gov. of NJ says they can, which is liable to be several weeks. Here's a story about it. I'm not aware of any other site you could order any Henry stuff from that might bypass the problem.

Excerpt:
https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/ ... 117825001/

When will NJ reopen? Gov. Murphy says he may share details, dates later this week

New Jerseyans anxiously listening for detailed directives on when they can rebuild their businesses and resume routines in a reopened state may need to wait a few more days.

Gov. Phil Murphy on Tuesday announced the state's plans for expanding coronavirus testing and contact tracing, the practice of investigating who a person with the virus might have exposed. And while he didn't provide details or dates for reopening, he teased that more announcements are forthcoming soon.

Murphy said he hoped to, by the end of the week, "talk about some other steps we could take to gently reopen things.

"I don't have anything specific today, but more on that in the coming days," he said.

Murphy said he was considering a statewide reopening plan, not a regional approach like governors in New York and Pennsylvania have backed, and acknowledged the importance of Memorial Day and the Jersey Shore economy.

"We run the risk of presenting an on off switch, which is not going to happen," Murphy said. "There isn't going to be one magic day when everything is open. We're going to take a series of incremental steps."

Recently when Murphy has discussed reopening the state it has been primarily based on broad goals. Those include doubling testing, expanding contact tracing and creating isolation plans for people who do get sick, among others.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Wed May 13, 2020 9:28 am

I never knew they even had a "Pride Store".

Sounds interesting.

That said, if it's by mail order, I don't see where that would be a problem.

NJ ain't gone that far, have they?
0 x
NRA Member

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Wed May 13, 2020 9:54 am

Cowboy Gun Fan wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:28 am
I never knew they even had a "Pride Store".

Sounds interesting.

That said, if it's by mail order, I don't see where that would be a problem.

NJ ain't gone that far, have they?
Yes, NJ (and several other States) have gone that far. Somebody has to package stuff up and ship it, and if it ain't on the "Essential" list it's closed until the State says otherwise. Apparently, Henry Pride - and their Warranty shop - aren't "Essential". :x

Here's your only option:

https://www.henryusa.com/contact-henry-repeating/
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Thu May 14, 2020 12:08 am

I pretty much agree with the non-essential "public" gathering businesses being closed,for now anyway, but to stop a privately owned company to take an order and ship it out to the customer is pretty crazy. Almost hard to believe.
1 x
NRA Member

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu May 14, 2020 6:36 am

Cowboy Gun Fan wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:08 am
I pretty much agree with the non-essential "public" gathering businesses being closed,for now anyway, but to stop a privately owned company to take an order and ship it out to the customer is pretty crazy. Almost hard to believe.
I agree. But I also believe that Anthony would not have done this if he wasn't forced to.

Back in March, Murphy issued an order that contained a list of businesses that could remain open. Gun shops, etc. are not on the list. Here's a link to the story and the list.

Excerpt:
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/ ... -down.html

Grocery stores
Farmers markets and farms that sell directly to customers
Other food stores, including retailers that offer a varied assortment of foods comparable to what exists at a grocery store
Pharmacies
Medical marijuana dispensaries
Medical supply stores
Gas stations
Convenience stores
Ancillary stores within healthcare facilities
Hardware and home improvement stores
Banks and other financial institutions
Laundromats and dry-cleaning services
Stores that principally sell supplies for children under five years
Pet stores
Liquor stores
Car dealerships, but only for auto maintenance and repair, and auto mechanics
Printing and office supply shops
Mail and delivery stores
Restaurants, though only takeout and delivery.
And here's a link to the official NJ Covid site for updates to their restrictions.
https://covid19.nj.gov/

As of next week retail gun shops will be allowed limited opening by appointment only and limited hours. Whether that will apply to Henry's situation, I don't know, since Henry is not a retailer, even tho they sell the Pride stuff retail in a company store.

All of this is subject to change without notice and unlimited confusion. :roll:
1 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Thu May 14, 2020 9:17 am

Appreciate the info and the links. I would be interested in the details of the non-essential.

There has to be rules and regulations on what you can do and don't do. Are they saying that you have to lock it up like a jail? I'm sure you can go in and do paperwork, inventory, cleaning, reorganizing, etc. If you have 10 employees or less and social distance, wear mask and gloves, etc, and do not open to the public, how can they stop you. And to say you can do that, but you can't leave a box on a doorstep for UPS to pick up is crazy. Now if Anthony "chooses" not to open, that's another thing. But to stop a business from operating like that is almost over-the-limit. As mentioned, I would be interested in the details, but don't want to make it sound like I'm asking you to provide that for me, lol. I'm just babbling on about it really.
Last edited by Cowboy Gun Fan on Thu May 14, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
NRA Member

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu May 14, 2020 10:40 am

Last edited by GunnyGene on Thu May 14, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu May 14, 2020 11:26 am

here we go again .... every time Covid-19 comes up, threads quickly turn down hill .... as a reminder, post leading toward politics (communism is political), that are authored so as to engender heated responses, and so on do not promote the positive atmosphere we maintain .... members who feel compelled to participate in such discussions need to take them elsewhere
1 x