Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry Comes Through

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Chucksolo1
Wrangler
United States of America

Henry Comes Through

Post by Chucksolo1 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:35 pm

Recently after a trip to the range to fire my Big Boy Steel in .357 magnum, I noticed that the follower to my inner magazine tube was stuck up inside the tube about one half inch. Although the rifle performed well with the follower stuck up inside the tube, I knew that the follower was not supposed to be stuck up inside like it was. I called Henry about this and the technician I spoke to immediately told me she would send me a new inner magazine tube. I told her I had just called to see how I could get the follower to come back out like it was supposed to,but she said not to worry about it and that she was sending me a new tube. She did this even after I told her the rifle was NOT malfunctioning. Anyway, I got the new tube a few days later. Situations like this is why I will continue to buy products from Henry Repeating Arms. I plan to buy a Big Boy Brass in .44 magnum next. Thanks Henry for your exemplary customer service and care.
8 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Henry Comes Through

Post by Mags » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:28 pm

Adding to 'Henry Comes Through' experiences...
I once asked Henry for a spare sling stud for the butt stock on my Long Ranger. I wanted to buy it, but they said no need. What came in the mail was a sling stud attached to a whole new butt stock. I called them thinking there had been a misunderstanding. Nope. The studs aren't available as a separate item. When I offered to pay for the stock, they wouldn't accept payment. When/if I'm in the market for another rifle, it will be a Henry.
4 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:59 pm

Exactly why I own as many as I do. There not perfect but neither am I. But reading things like you guys have posted just makes at least me want to support them all that much more. Sounds like Mags and Chuck feel the same way.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:34 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:59 pm
Exactly why I own as many as I do. There not perfect but neither am I. But reading things like you guys have posted just makes at least me want to support them all that much more. Sounds like Mags and Chuck feel the same way.
Me too!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:49 pm

This demonstrates the difference between Anthony's promise/guarantee, and any other warranty. His guarantee is to make the owner Happy, not just fix whatever it is to get you off their back. Big difference. Really Big. :)
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:25 pm

Agreed.

And yet, we continue to hear the same old voices that regularly whine about HRA's mfg processes, like they'd ever have a better end experience with any other company. HRA's promise/guarantee is second to none and without excuses; especially when there are what reasonable people might agree are "avoidable" problems along the way. They make no excuses! Satisfaction is guaranteed. I have a replacement rifle to prove it.

And -- as the man said -- you can take that to the bank!
GunnyGene wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:49 pm
This demonstrates the difference between Anthony's promise/guarantee, and any other warranty. His guarantee is to make the owner Happy, not just fix whatever it is to get you off their back. Big difference. Really Big. :)
4 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:54 pm

Sounds great about Henry customer service!
Haven't had any issues yet with my 3 Henry rifles but know there shouldn't be any problems getting something fixed!
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:42 am

Well.... I'm definitely end experience happy, BUT my happiness is also tainted from my own experience with a return and reading of others. There is still a good bit of room for mfg process improvements. There are plenty of material and mfg defect escapes, shared elsewhere in our forum, that just never should have left the factory. That said, it is real encouraging to see engineering improvements like the new mag tube end that appeared on Vaq's repaired rifle.
CT_Shooter wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:25 pm
... we continue to hear the same old voices that regularly whine about HRA's mfg processes, like they'd ever have a better end experience with any other company. HRA's promise/guarantee is second to none and without excuses; especially when there are what reasonable people might agree are "avoidable" problems along the way. They make no excuses! Satisfaction is guaranteed. I have a replacement rifle to prove it.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234